Koodo Community
Solved

Cannot activate call control

• 31 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I’m looking for some assistance in activating call control for my new Koodo number. I am able to navigate to the call control page on Self-Serve, but every time I click the “Start Using Call Control” button the page shows the standard loading animation and then drops me back on the same page prompting me to “Start Using Call Control”.

My browser console shows the following error:

So far I have tried:

• Clearing my cache and cookies.
  • Different browsers.
  • Different computers.
  • Over a VPN and not.
  • Swapping between LTE and WiFi.

None of these have worked.

Others seem to be reporting this problem also:

I have also tried to speak to a representative by arranging a callback through the Koodo Assist Digital Rep to see if I could get it sorted that way. I arranged it for 1pm Friday, received no phone call or text message, and then on Saturday morning at just before 7am I get a “Heads up!” text and 3 missed calls… as I was asleep and my phone was on do not disturb.

So far I am not very impressed with my experience with Koodo.

Help from an admin would really be appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 1 November 2021, 01:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Huddersfield Have you added call control to your line? I’m asking as I don’t currently see it on your account. Or is adding call control the trouble you are having?

For the callbacks….that is super frustrating, unsure what exactly the problem was unless for some reason the phone was in a weaker coverage area. I see hundreds of callbacks made during the same timeframe so it doesn’t appear to be a broad issue. Still, pls accept our apologies! 

Hi @Bernard Koodo thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

“Have you added call control to your line?” - So, if by “adding it to my line” you mean trying to activate it by navigating to my self serve → manage plans and add-ons → Phone services: Call Control → Start using call control. Then yes I have.

If there is actually another step prior to this to add call control to my line then perhaps I haven't followed the correct procedure...

But, adding call control to my line is exactly what I am trying to do. If you are able to do that from your end that would be greatly appreciated :grin:

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Huddersfield Can you pls see if under the list of add-ons you can see call control? 

Here is what mine looks like:

@Bernard Koodo I’m sorry, after browsing through my self-serve account I haven't been able to find a page that looks like your screenshot. Perhaps you can provide instructions on how to navigate to that page.

Here is something similar I was able to find.

I only recently obtained a phone number with Koodo, and I activated my SIM in person. The guy that helped me do it asked if I wanted to activate call control, and when I hesitated he said I could always doing it later online. So that’s how we left it. Obviously I am now wanting to activate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Huddersfield It was nit chatting with you. call control is now set up. And, as I mentioned the issue was the recent activation and safety feature that doesn’t allow modification of add-ons in the first 30 days.  I will get the team’s eye on this and reconsider the approach. Thanks a lot for your patience!