Koodo Community
Solved

Can't activate SIM

• 11 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Just buy a new SIM card in a supermarket and can't create an account in self service. It asks phone number or account number, but I a new pre-paid client, I don't have it. And can't activate card, stuck on the Payment step, it just reload. Please, help

icon

Best answer by Dinh 11 September 2022, 02:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, so when it’s asking for a phone number, you can fill in any Canadian number. It will probably never even been used, it’s just as a backup for when they can’t reach you. I’m not even sure why they ask for it really.

As for payment, what error are you getting exactly? Can you post a screenshot? (DEFINITELY hide any private information such as your credit card number!!!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

eh, are you sure you activate in the correct prepaid activation page?

This page didn’t ask you account number https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/en/on/prepaid/koodo/consumer/activation

Says can't find SIM card number (((

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you bought the prepaid SIM card? (not the postpaid one) Could you check if there was any Prepaid word on the SIM?

Also, can you try on a different browser and see if it can help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s a check mark beside your sim card number, that means its okay.

What you clicked is the drop down for instructions on how to find the sim card number if you, yourself can’t find it. You should be able to continue on with the form if you scroll down!

Any luck. Tried all the different card VISA, MasterCard, credit card. Can't activate the SIM

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was it a Canadian credit card? It seems there was an error on the credit information… Just wonder if you had the information enter correctly. If you cannot activate, you can also visit a Koodo kiosk and ask a rep there.