Koodo Community
Solved

Can not activate eSim

• 13 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello, 

just today bought eSim voucher in local store - tried to activate it at home and it failed 1st time. Trying to activate it 2nd time just throws “Couldnt activate Koodoo” error all the time. Could someone please advise how to fix that, wait times on a line are too much (=

Phone: Pixel 7A, was trying to activate it while on Wi-FI but my original physical Sim was inside the phone (I tried to remove physical SIM and activate without it but with the same result). Original physical SIM still works

*Subject code: 8.2.6
Reason code: 3.8

icon

Best answer by Dinh 14 December 2023, 01:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the physical SIM was still working, the SIM switch wasn’t successful. When you mentioned you tried to activate, what did you do? Did you switch your SIM card following this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

As well, I assumed you bought the correct eSIM according to your account type (prepaid/postpaid)?

If the physical SIM was still working, the SIM switch wasn’t successful. When you mentioned you tried to activate, what did you do? Did you switch your SIM card following this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

As well, I assumed you bought the correct eSIM according to your account type (prepaid/postpaid)?

Hey, thanks for response. Yes, I did follow  guide to activate eSIM for Pixel and yes, I assume I did bought correct type (monthly customer - postpaid). Digging into it I may found where I made a mistake: as I mentioned I tried to activate 2 times and on a 1st time it did add eSim but it wasn't been able to connect to network (showing no coverage) for more than 15 minutes - so I erased eSim and tried to add it 2nd time and started to get error I have now (*Subject code: 8.2.6 Reason code: 3.8) , may it be the reason for that error? Does it void my eSim voucher and I will have to buy new one, considering I am still activating on the same device? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Near as I understand with how Koodo currently does it, once you erase the esim, you need to get another voucher. Assuming this link is up to date, : eSIM and eSIM Vouchers | Koodo Mobile

13. If I delete my eSIM profile from one phone, can I scan the eSIM voucher again into another phone?

No, an eSIM voucher can only be used and scanned once.

You must purchase an eSIM voucher at your nearest Koodo store and complete a SIM swap in store.

Note: Koodo is not responsible for loss of carrier service as a result of an eSIM download wipe performed on any non-Koodo eSIM. If your phone’s eSIM line is currently active through a carrier other than Koodo, you’re responsible for the following:

1. Obtaining and activating a new eSIM card from the carrier
  2. Any charges that your carrier may apply for a replacement eSIM card”

it does make sense but I am scanning it to the same device, not another phone/device

i will have to resolve it thru the phone line then, unfortunately

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i will have to resolve it thru the phone line then, unfortunately

If you erased the SIM, you couldn’t re-scan it, you will need another eSIM . You could go to the same store and ask a rep there about the situation. eSIM is only available instore only as of now, unfortunately. 

it is also better to switch SIM at the store, a rep might be able to help you there.

Thank you, I appreciate your responses and time. Will try to visit store asap. It is still insanely lame that I can not re-activate eSim on the same device