Koodo Community
Question

Bought SIM at Kiosk but can't register for self-serve to move over phone

• 31 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, I purchased 2 SIM cards at a Kiosk and was told to register for everything online. I cannot find a way to do it as I’ve never had Koodo before and the girl did nothing but sell me the cards. I want to move 2 phones over but I can’t register with the Self-Serve. I keep getting “Your phone number/email/Postal Code doesn’t match” with the assistant. What am I missing?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you sign up for prepaid or postpaid accounts?

When you insert your sim do they work?  As a test Can you text or call?

She sold me for post-paid. I said I needed 2 sim cards and she sold them to me and told me to register them online. Didn’t take any information of mine, and I’ve never had Koodo, she mentioned I needed to go through the credit check and things online. But that forces me to buy another SIM. I can put one in and see if it works, but nothing has been set up anywhere so the Assistant doesn’t recognize any information I give it to try to register anything. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

She sold me for post-paid. I said I needed 2 sim cards and she sold them to me and told me to register them online. Didn’t take any information of mine, and I’ve never had Koodo, she mentioned I needed to go through the credit check and things online. But that forces me to buy another SIM. I can put one in and see if it works, but nothing has been set up anywhere so the Assistant doesn’t recognize any information I give it to try to register anything. 

You cannot activate Postpaid sim yourself. Only prepaid sim card allowed you to do that. 
The online store is a different sale channel, so you cannot avoid the sim fee when ordered from them

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I see the misunderstanding.

You said “ I needed 2 sim cards” and the Kiosk person understood that you needed 2 replacement sim cards and that they are for existing lines on your account.  If they understood otherwise they would have tried to sell you the plans and lines for those 2 sim cards (to get their commission).

You need to go back to clarify this with the rep who sold you the sim cards you need to sign up as a new customer.