Koodo Community
Question

Available Rate Plan Change - Required agent and extraneous fees

• 27 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Good Afternoon,

I attempted to change my (and my wife's) rate plans with Koodo mobile using the online "self service" function on 25 Nov 23. According to the Koodo website (https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan):

"Your Self Serve account will show you all the rate plans you can switch to. If you don't see a particular plan you're interested in, it's likely because your current profile doesn’t qualify you, and you may be required to upgrade to a new phone on a Tab."

I followed the directions through the "self service" system to change to an available rate plan that appeared as an option on the website. When I attempted to change it to this plan (or another plan for that matter, as I tried a few others more expensive plans as well) I continuously received an transaction error (see attached photo 1). Frustrated that I could not change to an available account on the self service portal, I requested a Koodo Assist callback.

In discussion with the agent, she stated that the plan was available but there was a $15 service fee to change to the new plan. This is not acceptable, as it clearly stated that all available plans "you can switch to" online. (see attached photo 2).

The agent was no help and insisted that I pay the $15 service charge to change to the clearly available rate plan. I did end up paying this amount for both accounts but I do not believe that this is right.

PLEASE HELP!. I request that you review this situation and apply a $15 +tax credit to each of our accounts to cover this extraneous service charge.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you able to get the fees taken care of? If not I can flag a rep to take a look as this for you. No promises that they can waive them but they can at least take a look at your account.

@Allan M thanks for reaching out. No they have not resolved this issue yet. I'd appreciate any help. It is only $30+tax, but it more the principle of their errors on the self service site, forcing an agent to make changes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tcrecampbell 

We have reviewed the account and we have been able to remove the charges since there was an issue with the perks.

We are sorry for the inconvenience! 

@Flo Koodo . Thank you very much. Are you also able to add the perk on as well as, we have been unable to add the perk for months. Can you please allow a perk to be added to the 9******672 number, the Intl long distance?

Thank you, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Flo Koodo . Thank you very much. Are you also able to add the perk on as well as, we have been unable to add the perk for months. Can you please allow a perk to be added to the 9******672 number, the Intl long distance?

Thank you, 

Do you mean International SMS? Long distance perk is not included in this plan.

@Mayumi Thank you for reply. Our plan is not the above noted plan that you enclosed. We are on this plan.

I have the exact same plan as the one I have enclosed above and I am able to select any one of these 4 perks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tcrecampbell 

We have made a request for the perk to be added to the line you mentioned, it may take a few business days

Thank you for your patience!

@Flo Koodo . Thank you. It is up and running with perk. Now we just have to get the 5G speed above 100mbps. I know they are working it.