Koodo Community
Question

Are there people in this community who can fix my billing address?

• 10 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

The Self Serve Address Change application is BROKEN !

When I start typing my address,  my correct address IS found.  But when I select the correct address, the pop-up window that then appears and says “We think we’ve found a match. Select your address:” shows an incorrect address - an address that does not exist !

The same window pops up with the same incorrect address  when I enter my address Manually !  In effect, there is NO OPTION to enter my address manually.

I’ve seen somewhere that Address Change can only be done via Self Serve for “Privacy and security reasons”.   Then I saw posts here by others with problems changing addresses. They were helped by people who were “Mobile Master” or “Official Rep”.  Who are these people? Are they employees of Koodo like those whom I used to talk to on the phone in the past?

For years, I haven’t worried about my billing address being incorrect -  because I don’t get my statements in the mail.  But now I may need to worry about it if I decide to order merchandise from Koodo.  I may just go to a different carrier.

The question is: Can my billing address be corrected by people in this community?  Who are they?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, we cannot change your address for you, only Koodo representative can. Mobile master are customers like you are.

Regarding the address issue, has your address validated by Canada Post? Was it a new house?

Userlevel 1

What do you mean by “validated by Canada Post”? 

I use the “Find a Postal Code” application on Canada Post’s website.  The address Koodo shows in my profile and in my statements doesn’t exist according to that application.

Koodo’s Address Change application does find and offer the same correct address found on “Find a Postal Code”.   But when I select and submit that address, it is changed to an address that doesn’t exist.

How do I contact a “Koodo representative”? Is there a support phone# shown somewhere on Koodo’s website - like it used to be?  Or is the chat bot the only avenue?

It’s a sad state when I have to come to this “community” to fix a problem, and customers like you must hail down an “Official Rep” in this community.  What has happened with Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I dunno.... Now I feel silly flagging a rep. 

You may want to request a callback on your own via koodo assist

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stone The address you are attempting to change to is not how you will find on the Canada Post address verification site hence the likely challenges:

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/ac/

Your street number has a letter attached to it at least based on the above link that we also use for address verification.  Is it possibly a new development?

When we enter your postal code on the site you searched this is what comes up:

Userlevel 1

@Bernard Koodo  Thanks for coming to the rescue.

You Wrote:

Your street number has a letter attached to it at least based on the above link that we also use for address verification.  Is it possibly a new development?

That is exactly the problem.  The address with street number without a letter attached to it does not exist - in the real world or in Canada Post’s database.  I’ve been trying on Koodo to add the letter to the street number.  Koodo’s Address Change application stubbornly resists it - unless I’m not using it properly. 

As for Canada Post’s “Find a Postal Code” application, it has a bug.

When we enter your postal code on the site you searched this is what comes up:

If a postal code is entered, and the blue FIND button is Not clicked, the application supplies all the addresses within that postal code. It will return “We were unable to find a Postal Code ...” if the FIND button is clicked - even after a complete correct address is entered.

You apparently had a look at my Koodo account history - did you not?  I didn’t know that my community profile could be used to find my Koodo account.  I hope you or Koodo will assure me that this possibility doesn’t pose a security / privacy risk.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stone You are right, your account is safe and cannot be accessed by anyone else here.  Ok, so I’m trying to understand still, are you saying that the Canada Post database is incorrect and there should not be a letter next to the street number? The only address in the Canada Post database is with the letter. We use their software for address verification. If what is sourced from there is incorrect and needs to be overridden it will require to talk to one of our rep for additional verification. Please schedule a callback at your convenience via Koodo Assist here .

Userlevel 1

@Bernard Koodo 

Sorry if my verbiage is not clear.

My address in Canada Post’s database is correct.  The street number has a letter attached to it.

I’ve been unable to update my address in Koodo to attach the letter to the street number.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Stone I see, I get it now!  In that that case the over ride will indeed be necessary, however as I mentioned, for that a setting up a callback is required.

Userlevel 1

The Koodo Assist chatbot repeatedly (2 or 3 times?) directed me to use Self Serve Address Change before it let me schedule a callback.  I’m glad I persisted.  A Koodo rep did call me back exactly at the scheduled time, and the conversation to correct my address was actually pleasant.

Thank you to everyone who commented in this thread.