Koodo Community
Question

activating your Koodo Prepaid account

Help me solve the problem with registering a SIM card for payments  - Self Serve “What you'll need to get started”
I go to the link
https://activateprepaid.koodomobile.com/en/on/prepaid/koodo/consumer/activation/account-setup
I enter the card details
and gives the error "SIM card number is not available to be activated"
I have - eSIM on prepaid subscription

I added an eSIM to my phone outside of Canada and I can’t activate it (it says “no access”) because the service package did not include roaming.
The support service replied that the number was active.
The support service replied that you need to go to your account account and add a roaming service.
I can’t register for my account because I need an SMS code when checking my phone number. I am not receiving the SMS code because I am outside of Canada.
What options are there to solve the problem?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

there should also be an option to receive the code via email, is that option presented to you? which country are you currently in?

please clarify what code you are talking about

How can I check if I have this option?

Switzerland

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

please clarify what code you are talking about

How can I check if I have this option?

Switzerland

the SMS code you referred too to activate your account in your original post, there should also be an option when prompted to send the code to do it via email instead.

Another issue you may encounter is that for Koodo prepaid they have recently added new countries that you can apply a calling booster to the account to call switzerland, but you can still only roam with a Koodo prepaid sim in the USA. Meaning, if you get it all setup (even with a booster) you won’t be able to use the sim in that country. For more information on this check out this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/long-distance-travel-and-roaming-prepaid

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Sorry to add to this more, the calling booster to switzerland is to call from Canada, not within switzerland. The Roaming feature allows you to use the service in another country, though if you check out the link I posted it will tell you that you will only be able to do that in the USA and Canada. So if you get it setup, you won’t be able to use it in Switzerland. I hope that’s a bit more clear 😊

Thank you, this cleared things up for me.
This card is linked to an OTP bank in Canada.
What can I do to activate my phone number?

switch to monthly payment - monthly plan

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

So that it not a bad idea, but you would have to be in country in order to switch to a monthly plan instead of prepaid as you will have to talk to a rep and they cannot call internationally. Are you activating the prepaid as you plan to visit Canada?

I'll try to ask a friend to go back to the store where I bought the number and try to solve this problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I'll try to ask a friend to go back to the store where I bought the number and try to solve this problem.

Probably for the best, it would take a Koodo store rep about 10 mins to set it up for you, they would be able to add your card details as well for automatic withdraw so you wouldn’t have to worry about paying it after initial setup. I wish you luck 😊👍

Thanks for your help and have a nice end of the week

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, you cannot use a prepaid plan abroad.

You can consider signing up for a postpaid plan on the Koodo website and have the SIM card delivered to your Canadian address. Once you receive it in the mail, you can get a family member or trusted friend to send it to you in Switzerland.