Skip to main content
Solved

why does koodo only offer $0 down phones for new customers?

• 29 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I am an existing customer and looking to upgrade my cell phone. When I go and look for phones there are none that are $0 down. When I don't sign into my account, almost every phone is $0 down. I am really noticing that koodo doesn't care about their existing customers. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

So Koodo offers different “tab” options based on a customers credit and account status (existing and new). Those who are approved for “tab plus” have the ability to get phones for $0 down (this also goes for select phones on tab mid). When you’re going through the process to upgrade, you would just have to select the tab plus option if it is available to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you looking to get?

Also what plan do you currently have?

What phone are you looking to get?

Also what plan do you currently have?

I am after any samsung galaxy phone. I currently have a $50 a month plan with 60GB of data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Works for me.

They just say at the bottom I have to change to an eligible plan

Works for me.

They just say at the bottom I have to change to an eligible plan

I only have options for tab mid or basic. That same phone for me requires a $140 down payment today and then the rest on tab mid payments.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So as I said, it would be based on your credit and account status. If you increase your credit and pay your bill consistently, you will eventually be allowed to have a phone on tab plus. For now you’re limited to tab mid.

So as I said, it would be based on your credit and account status. If you increase your credit and pay your bill consistently, you will eventually be allowed to have a phone on tab plus. For now you’re limited to tab mid.

Ok. Thank you