Koodo Community
Question

Where can I buy a sim when I arrive to Canada

• 22 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I am about to move to Canada, I land in a few days. I was wanting to know where I can buy a prepaid sim card when I arrive. Are they available in the airport? (I'm flying into Vancouver)

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome to Canada!

Canada unfortunately had one of the highest cellular rateplan in the world. When you land in YVR, I recommend you  use free wifi at the airport to contact others instead of getting a cell plan and burn through all of its data right away.

Regarding the prepaid SIM at YVR,  I am not sure if they are selling at the arrival. I recalled they were selling prepaid phonebox SIM at the exchange shop next to the arrival gate. I am not sure if they still doing that. You can have a look.

There are other locations selling prepaid SIMs. Gas station normally have them handy. 7 Eleven stores have them.  If you go into a mall or a department store and ask people, they will redirect to a nearby store.

Anyway, this is Koodo customer community forum. Majority of people here are using Koodo though. You can check our their plan here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/prepaid-plans