Koodo Community
Question

What's the battery health on Koodo CPO phones?

• 16 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Never bought a used, refurbished or pre owned phone before but I’m being tempted by the prices. ;)  However having lived by the rule of “you get what you pay for” and “buy cheap buy twice” I’m understandably cautious. So … 

1. What’s the REAL story on these “Certified Pre Owned” phones? Are they worth taking a risk on?
  2. What’s the battery health on these phones?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you looking at?

Have you checked "Certified Pre-owned devices Grades"?

I have bought a CPO phone in the past and it worked well and my son used it untill it died ( yes, at least 2years).  But I have seen many complaints about CPO in the community too.

So if I buy it, I would  pick only " like new condition".  Also I will take closer checking of function for first 3 weeks since you can return it within 30 days. If you don't like it, then you can return.

I would check how much is on the Tab bonus too.  it's low price to get CPO because chunk of amount is on the tab bonus.                           It come with 1 year warranty, but if you want/ need to upgrade after one year ( before 24minths is up), then you need to pay back the rest of bonus…

It is true the price is really good. And I have a good experience of CPO. But it always pro and con with CPO. ( I guess same with new phones too. )

I bought an iPhone 11 with the highest rating that Koodo gives on used phones and mine has been great. Perfect condition and 100% battery when I got it. Had it a year and a half and battery life is at 93%.