Koodo Community
Solved

SIgned up for tab basic, price went down, can I get an adjustment?

• 18 November 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

A couple weeks ago I signed up for a tab basic phone, $8 a month for 24 months.  Now I see the same device is $5 a month for 24 months, same conditions.

Is there a “cool down period” where I can still get a price adjustment to get the benefit of the lower priced phone?  I want to keep everything the same, just get the better monthly rate please.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 19 November 2022, 03:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A couple weeks ago I signed up for a tab basic phone, $8 a month for 24 months.  Now I see the same device is $5 a month for 24 months, same conditions.

Is there a “cool down period” where I can still get a price adjustment to get the benefit of the lower priced phone?  I want to keep everything the same, just get the better monthly rate please.

Thanks.

Assuming you got it online, you can return your current device within 30 days of ordering the phone and apply for the new offer. Note there will be delays from the time you choose to cancel the Tab and getting a new one. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone did you get?

You might want to have a "benefit of the lower priced phone". But you should check their price structures. Tab fee might went down, but Tab bonus might increased.

I would contact webstote if you bought it from online store. And ask them if they can do price adjustment. (But againg your tab bonus might increased.)

koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com

Userlevel 1

What phone did you get?

You might want to have a "benefit of the lower priced phone". But you should check their price structures. Tab fee might went down, but Tab bonus might increased.

I would contact webstote if you bought it from online store. And ask them if they can do price adjustment. (But againg your tab bonus might increased.)

Here is the service agreement and screenshot of current offer 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

See, retail price is same as $690.

Your current tab bonus is $498 and it reduces $20.75/mo.

New deal you are looking at is tab bonus amount of $570 means $72 increase.

Tab bonus is great if you don't cancel or don't upgrade your phone.  You will save $72 with this new deal.

But if you need/want to upgrade,say 12 month later. You need to pay back $285 with this new deal. ( $249 with your current agreement.)

I'm always thinking " what if I needed to upgrade my phone before 24minths is up"… Most of time, I/ my family members use same phone for 2 years and more,but...

Choice is yours. But I just wanted you to know there is pro and con for switching your deal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You typically can get an adjustment within 14 days of purchase. Since online orders are returnable within 30 days, you might well be able to get a rep to have it adjusted. If not, a return and repurchase may be the only option.

Userlevel 1

Ok, yeah so I don't plan to upgrade until after the 24 months anyway.  Does koodo monitor these forums and will they reach out?  I am having a heck of a time getting to agents.  It has been brutal lately.  Plus this is not something that is easily done it will need a manager/retentions probably.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, yeah so I don't plan to upgrade until after the 24 months anyway.  Does koodo monitor these forums and will they reach out?  I am having a heck of a time getting to agents.  It has been brutal lately.  Plus this is not something that is easily done it will need a manager/retentions probably.

Your case is better to deal with webstote. Even if a rep who come by here to see your case, they will suggest to contact them.  Make sure you use the same email that you order a phone with.

Userlevel 1

Your case is better to deal with webstote. Even if a rep who come by here to see your case, they will suggest to contact them.  Make sure you use the same email that you order a phone with.

Vert helpful, attempting now thanks

Userlevel 1

Well, that was easy.  I scheduled a call back with Webstore, it was a simple price adjustment.  $8 a month down to $5 a month + credit for previously spent amounts.

Thank you folks!

Userlevel 1

Hello Koodo,

Again there has been a price drop for this phone now down to $1 per month on tab.  I contacted the web store to see if they could make a price adjustment and they said the following:

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the request date is beyond the 30-day period, and while we inquired for this exception, it was declined to us since as Webstore we are unable to take discretionary action or offer loyalty considerations/negotiations.

In this instance we recommend you getting in touch with customer care or loyalty so they can check if it is possible for them to do an exception of this kind.

Is it possible please for a loyalty rep to make this adjustment / apply credits?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello Koodo,

Again there has been a price drop for this phone now down to $1 per month on tab.  I contacted the web store to see if they could make a price adjustment and they said the following:

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the request date is beyond the 30-day period, and while we inquired for this exception, it was declined to us since as Webstore we are unable to take discretionary action or offer loyalty considerations/negotiations.

In this instance we recommend you getting in touch with customer care or loyalty so they can check if it is possible for them to do an exception of this kind.

Is it possible please for a loyalty rep to make this adjustment / apply credits?

Thank you

I don't think so.

You originally contacted them to make adjust ment because price was dropped within 39days. At that point, it was already Couple weeks in when you first purchase your phone.

Now since then, it's already passed way over 30 days period. 

If they make another adjustment, then what's the point of 15 to 30 days period? And it not fair for all other customers neither.