Koodo Community
Question

Return procedure for defective phone + Pixel 7 vs S23 ?

• 22 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve had a Galaxy S10e with Koodo since 2019 and wanted to upgrade, so I picked the Google Pixel 7 after a little research. Ordered online and received it after 3 business day, as promised by Koodo. However, the phone is defective “out of the box” ; I tried everything but I just can’t seem to get it to work, so I sent an email to the Koodo webstore to initiate a return procedure. Anyone knows how long I’ll have to wait until they follow-up and I can return the phone and get the associated monthly payment cancelled ?

Also, I’m wondering if I should simply get another Pixel 7 (a working one this time !) or if I should maybe consider paying a little more and get the Galaxy S23, as I have had no issue with my S10e for the past 4 years other than the lower quality camera (main reason I want to upgrade) and normal wear from regular use. And should I consider switching providers ?

Thanks !

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you said it didn't work out of the box, what did you mean? Was the phone turned on? Have you tried to charge the phone yet? Sometimes the battery was too low and you would need to charge it. You could also visit a Koodo kiosk and ask a rep there.

Regarding the return procedure, you will have to wait for them to reply. Once they receive the phone back from you, they will clear the Tab charge and you could order another phone. Changing phone with online store isn't a simple return process, so recommend you test out the phone at a Koodo or Telus store before  making your decision. Both the s23 and pixel 7 are good phones. 

When you said it didn't work out of the box, what did you mean? Was the phone turned on? Have you tried to charge the phone yet? Sometimes the battery was too low and you would need to charge it. You could also visit a Koodo kiosk and ask a rep there.

What I mean by this is that the phone / the screen does not turn on at all, even after several attempts and having it plugged into a charger for more than 2 hours.

I tried all the stuff found online, on the Koodo and Google website, even YouTube and Reddit, but the screen remains black, although it is recognized by my computer and makes small vibrations when I touch it or press the power or volume buttons.

I could go to a Koodo kiosk for sure, but this does note bode well in my opinion, even if they are able to get it to work somehow…

And reading this just makes me think that I should look for another provider once the return procedure is completed :

"Regarding the return procedure, you will have to wait for them to reply. Once they receive the phone back from you, they will clear the Tab charge and you could order another phone. Changing phone with online store isn't a simple return process, so recommend you test out the phone at a Koodo or Telus store before  making your decision."

It's completely ridiculous to make things that hard for customers when they get a defective phone !

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here is there official return policy https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

I am not sure if you ever returned a phone with another carrier but I believe they are doing it similarly. You could try to go to Koodo kiosk and ask them to return at the store and see if it could make the process faster.

Regarding the pixel 7, did you use the charging cable in the box or another cable brand? The pixel 7 is quite picky about charging. When it didn't charge because of the wrong cable, it actually vibrated. Anyway, again a visit to a  Koodo kiosk could provide you more insight into the issue.