Koodo Community
Solved

promotional bill credit missing

I purchased a new phone during a promotion where a bill credit of 189.84$ was offered with the phone (may 23 2023). During checkout it showed the bill credit being applied to my remaining tab balance of 132$. Now in the new month that credit has disappeared and replaced with the 132 tab upgrade fee.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 10 June 2023, 06:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You misunderstanding  what it says.

$189.84 total of bill credit will be applied on your bill next 24 month if you stay with Koodo. It means you get $7 + tax  credit per month. This usually appears on your second bill. 

Abd you had a remaining of $132 tab which you gave to pay off. Thatch why it was in your bill..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you share a screenshot of your bill where you see these charges?

There is a tab balance and a possible tab bonus so it may have been used to pay off one, and now you’re seeing charges for the other.

Here you can see no 7 credit is applied. As well as no credit applied to the remaining tab balance as it initially showed it was being used towards during checkout.

Could you share a screenshot of your bill where you see these charges?

There is a tab balance and a possible tab bonus so it may have been used to pay off one, and now you’re seeing charges for the other.

See my general reply below. Thank you

You misunderstanding  what it says.

$189.84 total of bill credit will be applied on your bill next 24 month if you stay with Koodo. It means you get $7 + tax  credit per month. This usually appears on your second bill. 

Abd you had a remaining of $132 tab which you gave to pay off. Thatch why it was in your bill..

Swe image provided below. There is no 7$ credit applied. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is bill overview. You need to see your PDF EBill.

$132 is your tab balance payoff ( means you need to pay.)

$16.94 is your tab bonus pay back which also you need to pay.  So total of $148.94 for phone charge.

Your plan is $45 and your new tab fee is $10 or $12/mo for next 24months. I don't know why there is 2 charges.

Can you please download your PDF to see if there is $7 credit there.

This is bill overview. You need to see your PDF EBill.

$132 is your tab balance payoff ( means you need to pay.)

$16.94 is your tab bonus pay back which also you need to pay.  So total of $148.94 for phone charge.

Your plan is $45 and your new tab fee is $10 or $12/mo for next 24months. I don't know why there is 2 charges.

Can you please download your PDF to see if there is $7 credit there.

Thank you, I understand what the breakdown means, but during checkout it showed that the tab remaining of 132 was covered by the 189 bill credit. Here is the pdf breakdown, there is no credit listed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your Tab pay off don't get covered by bill credit because you will receive $7/ mo bill credit for next 24 months.

You are correct I don't see $7 credit here. I assume you upgraded your phone on the last day of your billing cycle?  I think that's why it's not there. It's just their system.

If your bill credit not appear on next bill, please come back here. We will flag a rep. 

Your Tab pay off don't get covered by bill credit because you will receive $7/ mo bill credit for next 24 months.

You are correct I don't see $7 credit here. I assume you upgraded your phone on the last day of your billing cycle?  I think that's why it's not there. It's just their system.

If your bill credit not appear on next bill, please come back here. We will flag a rep. 

Thank you for the help. My billing cycle is at the end of the month 30th and I purchased on the 23rd.

As you can see here my bill does not include the bill credit nor does it include a refund on the double tab charge from last month. Please flag a rep

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As you can see here my bill does not include the bill credit nor does it include a refund on the double tab charge from last month. Please flag a rep

I'll flag a rep! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Patc1313 

Because the photos that were uploaded here contained sensitive details like the phone and account number, they were removed for your privacy and security.  Feel fee to upload bill print screens however make sure you hide any of the previously mentioned sensitive details.  

We checked the promotion involving the credit at that time, even if the promotion provides a bill credit, is available for New activations or Upgrades on any TAB, it does have a minimum rate plan condition of $62 and above, this usually appears in on the website when clicking on the offer. Without meeting this condition, I’m afraid that the monthly credit is not compatible with the options that were selected during the upgrade.  

I was also able to see that there was a conversation with our Webstore department around June 13,  mentioning the same information.  If you need more details, feel free to schedule a call-back via the Koodo Assist. 

Hello @Patc1313 

Because the photos that were uploaded here contained sensitive details like the phone and account number, they were removed for your privacy and security.  Feel fee to upload bill print screens however make sure you hide any of the previously mentioned sensitive details.  

We checked the promotion involving the credit at that time, even if the promotion provides a bill credit, is available for New activations or Upgrades on any TAB, it does have a minimum rate plan condition of $62 and above, this usually appears in on the website when clicking on the offer. Without meeting this condition, I’m afraid that the monthly credit is not compatible with the options that were selected during the upgrade.  

I was also able to see that there was a conversation with our Webstore department around June 13,  mentioning the same information.  If you need more details, feel free to schedule a call-back via the Koodo Assist. 

Thank you, can you at least re impulse me the second tab charge from the previous month? As you would have seen in the photos last moth there were two 10$ tab charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Patc1313 

Before the June bill, the remaining tab balance was $144 and on May 19 the monthly tab $12 has been deducted from the total of $144 and directed to the June bill. Once the upgrade has been completed, the remaining $132 has also been sent to the June bill.

That means, the $12  that shows up on the bill is from the old device tab while the $10 is from the new device.

You can find more details under the Koodo tab page in self serve: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/the-koodo-tab-page-in-self-serve

I'm looking to get the actuvation fee waivered plz

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you told that you're supposed to get it waived in store?

Were you told that you're supposed to get it waived in store?

I was told to inquire to a rep and it shoukd be no problem..I left trlus to cone to koodo. Honestly for the coupke weeks I been with koodo I'm hating it. Telus is so much better

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was told to inquire to a rep and it shoukd be no problem..I left trlus to cone to koodo. Honestly for the coupke weeks I been with koodo I'm hating it. Telus is so much better

The rep at the store would have been the one to credit the connection fee during the transaction.
If it’s only been a couple weeks as well, you may be in the return period to easily switch back to Telus as well.

TKS so much. I'm fining it difficult to talk to a rep about this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve flagged a rep to assist if they can credit the fee. Also for future reference please do start a new thread for assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pam S Patey 

We weren’t able to find our account based on your community profile, please try using the “Log in via self serve ” option. 

I'm new to koodo and its way different then other cell providers. I'm not liking koodo  . Won't be long I can see me changing again

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Pam S Patey Unfortunately no rep here can assist you with your request.  Your agreement shows you talked to Erika at the mall who activated your line.  Activation fees are not waived unless there is a promotion. In this case she or the store manager are the only only ones that can help solve your concern. I would recommend to call the store and ask them to make things right. I hope this helps.