Koodo Community
Question

Prepaid Plan with Refurbished iPhone Purchase?

• 13 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I would like to set up a second line on my account for my preteen. The very basic $15 prepaid plan is all they need. I would like to purchase a refurbished iPhone for them to use, but this isn’t possible online. Is this allowed at all? Or are the prepaid Androids the only phone option through Koodo with the prepaid plans?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 4

I would like to set up a second line on my account for my preteen. The very basic $15 prepaid plan is all they need. I would like to purchase a refurbished iPhone for them to use, but this isn’t possible online. Is this allowed at all? Or are the prepaid Androids the only phone option through Koodo with the prepaid plans?

You will have to buy the phone outright for prepaid plan. If you are looking to add a Tab then it must be a postpaid plan.

If you are planning to get CPO iPhone please keep in mind that it might not have genuine parts. I would suggest you get an iPhone from Kijiji where you can check the phone before buying it. CPO phones are nightmare.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The whole point of prepaid is to divorce yourself from an obligation to overpay over a long term for a piece of equipment you eventually may not like. No financial snowball lurking behind you.

Suggestion: find a used model of the phone you own currently. You will be better prepared to answer the inevitable questions. There are many reliable dealers selling refurb units with return privileges.