Koodo Community
Question

Phone returned and sent back to me with smashed screen

• 22 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I purchased a certified pre-owned phone online and it arrived with an issue with the microphone (people I called would say I was breaking up) so I returned it to Koodo using their shipping label and the box it came in. A couple of weeks later I noticed I still had a charge for the phone on my account so I called Koodo who told me it was received but couldn't tell me why the charge wasn't reversed. A day or two later, I received the phone in the mail and the whole screen was smashed! I've gone into the Telus store and spoken to phone reps and so far all they tell me is that because I didn't take a picture of the phone before I sent it back that I have to pay for the cost of the whole phone. Is there anything I can do here? The phone body was in perfect condition when I returned it! I feel like this is a scam! Any advice would be appreciated! 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I purchased a certified pre-owned phone online and it arrived with an issue with the microphone (people I called would say I was breaking up) so I returned it to Koodo using their shipping label and the box it came in. A couple of weeks later I noticed I still had a charge for the phone on my account so I called Koodo who told me it was received but couldn't tell me why the charge wasn't reversed. A day or two later, I received the phone in the mail and the whole screen was smashed! I've gone into the Telus store and spoken to phone reps and so far all they tell me is that because I didn't take a picture of the phone before I sent it back that I have to pay for the cost of the whole phone. Is there anything I can do here? The phone body was in perfect condition when I returned it! I feel like this is a scam! Any advice would be appreciated! 

I would suggest you to follow up with the Koodo Web Store at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com for more details. 

Userlevel 1

Good luck. Been dealing with them for months over receiving a broken phone. Still being charged for it and unable to use it. They basically said “sucks to be you” and refuse to do anything.