Koodo Community
Question

No activation email

• 10 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,  I purchased two plans a couple of weeks ago.  Received both SIM cards.  

For the first HFO#, I received an activation email, I have an account and everything is setup.

For the second HFO#, I did not receive an activation email so I don’t know my account number or my phone number.   I check the HFO online and it shows as activated.

I need to port an existing number so I can’t add Koodo SIM card to phone yet.

How do I proceed?  Can I add this second SIM to my first account (this is ideal).

Thank you,

Chris

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you use the same email for both?
Was it two separate accounts that you created or two lines on one account?

Ultimately, multiple levels of support had to get involved to fix the issue.   On the positive side, it was fixed quickly and the people helping were great.  (Thank you Marian.)

What caused the issue was purchasing two plans using the same email address, one right after the other.  My second transaction was flagged in the system and did not proceed without me getting involved after the purchase (no SIM sent, no activation email, etc.)

My recommendation …
1. Koodo should implement a “Quantity” field when someone is purchasing a plan.  There must be enough customers who purchase for themselves and others in the family.   When this method is used, all lines should be under the same account (email).

2.Clearly state during the purchase that if the person wants two separate accounts, do not purchase with the same email address.