Koodo Community
Question

Multiple devices buy in CPO

• 5 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi,

If I buy CPO device and sign up with a contract. Is it mandatory to use the sim in the same phone for 2 yrs?

Can I buy more than 1 CPO device in the same contract / overlapping contract period?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You don’t have to use your sim in the phone at all. Once you have the phone you can do whatever you want with it.

As for buying two, in order to buy a second one on the same line, you would have to fully pay of the remaining tab balance and tab bonus first.

For example https://www.koodomobile.com/en/phones/iphone-11-cpo ~> Tab basic.

That means if I pay starting Oct 2022 $10/month (or) $230 in Nov 2022  and still continue with koodo for 24 months (Oct 2022 - Oct 2024)

in the Dec 2022 can I buy one more phone which is starting $5/month (or) $115  Jan 2023 and continue till Dec 2024?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No.

As soon as you updated, then you need to pay off your tab bonus too.

So with your example. - Start a Tab in Oct and paid off your Tab balance ($230) in Nov. Then upgrade in Dec.

First you need to pay back Tab bonus of $256.6   = $480 bonus - {($280/ 24mos ) x 2} you only got bonus reduced for 2 months.

Then start brand new 24 month from Dec 2022.

@Mayumi Thanks for clarifying. Could you please clarify where did $480 come from ?

Q: If I take only 1 CPO device. I get the device for 24$ (I mean if its $1/month) by paying for 2 yrs (so I don’t pay tab bonus back if I complete 2 yrs)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi Thanks for clarifying. Could you please clarify where did $480 come from ?

Q: If I take only 1 CPO device. I get the device for 24$ (I mean if its $1/month) by paying for 2 yrs (so I don’t pay tab bonus back if I complete 2 yrs)

$480 was typo. I meant to say $280. So pay back amount is $256.6.

If you buy a phone on Tab and complete 2yrs, then you don't have to pay back Tab bonus. 

Basically, Tab charge and Tab bonus are 2 different things. Tab fee/charge are paid by you for 24 months. Tab bonus is on Koodo for 24months, but you need to pay back if you cancel or upgrade within 2yrs.

Thanks so much for clarifying. @Mayumi .

Q: I see some posts in the forum that koodo has got pretty bad reviews wrt CPO. How can I ensure that device is having/updated with genuine parts from manufacture?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks so much for clarifying. @Mayumi .

Q: I see some posts in the forum that koodo has got pretty bad reviews wrt CPO. How can I ensure that device is having/updated with genuine parts from manufacture?

TBH, I don't know how they process their CPO phones. I have bought CPO twice in the past and they were good. There was no issue and phones back then were so much cheaper.

I think people posting only bad CPO experience.  Like I won't post if I am happy with device or service.  So maybe majority of people are happy with their CPO...?   That's I don't know.

@Mayumi Really like way how you put your thought. Thanks so much.