Koodo Community
Question

Koodo won't proccess payment for my new phone

• 22 August 2023
  • 8 replies

I have tried several times to purchase a new phone through your online system to save the connection fee but your system keeps failing for no describable reason. I have tried multiple credit cards but itjust keeps telling me “Oops something went wrong” and suggests I go to a store to pay the $60 connection fee.

What am I supposed to do here?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you a new customer or an existing one who is trying to upgrade the phone.

As well, I assumed your address of the credit card the same as your Koodo selfserve registration?

I am an existing customer.

I just moved and haven’t updated my credit card address yet, they seem to have no problem using my credit card to make monthly bill payments. I don’t understand why that would cause a problem here though, what if a friend or family member offered to make the payment for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It gets weird about everything matching for a phone purchase.

updated the address on my credit card and the issue persists.

I guess it’s probably best to reach out to virgin mobile to see if they want my money

I just moved and haven’t updated my credit card address yet, they seem to have no problem using my credit card to make monthly bill payments. I don’t understand why that would cause a problem here though, what if a friend or family member offered to make the payment for me?

It is for fraud and most companies that sell products will not let you use a different address than what is shown on your credit card.

If someone stole your cc information and used it to buy a phone (or anything else) and had it shipped to the address of their choosing, then they would have the phone and you would have the bill. You could probably fight it with the cc card company (maybe), but then Koodo or whoever would be out a phone. That is just one of the reasons  they insist on the addresses being the same.  It is different than using it to pay your bills.

You have updated now so not sure what the problem is. It may take a few days to update or you may not have entered it Exactly as shown on your cc (I had a problem a few years ago because I used Drive instead of Dr).

Fraud prevention makes sense but it's ultimately preventing me from continuing business with them. I spent an hour in the phone with them this morning with no solution and I don't really want to put this much effort into fixing a problem for them.

I guess it just didn't work, I'll move on to another provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Fraud prevention makes sense but it's ultimately preventing me from continuing business with them. I spent an hour in the phone with them this morning with no solution and I don't really want to put this much effort into fixing a problem for them.

I guess it just didn't work, I'll move on to another provider.

It takes couple of days for the system to process. I recommend you wait a couple of day and try again.

I believe other carrier also did the same thing regarding credit card address. And you would have to subject to another credit check as well if you move.