Koodo Community
Question

In person tech support

• 24 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi: 

I’m thinking of ordering a new phone online from the Koodo website.  I’m an existing customer.  Need to know if it’s possible to go to the local Koodo store in my neighborhood to get help with getting the new phone set up properly and that data transferred from my old phone to the new one.  

I’m not the most techno savvy person, so would like to have the help of an actual person.  

Please let me know.  Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi: 

I’m thinking of ordering a new phone online from the Koodo website.  I’m an existing customer.  Need to know if it’s possible to go to the local Koodo store in my neighborhood to get help with getting the new phone set up properly and that data transferred from my old phone to the new one.  

I’m not the most techno savvy person, so would like to have the help of an actual person.  

Please let me know.  Thanks 

Which phone are you currently using? Is there anything in particular that you want to choose?

I am not sure if a Koodo rep would be able to transfer your data at the store, but they can guide you with the process.

It really depends on your operating system, as it may be difficult to completely transfer your data from one to another. 

My current phone is Samsung Galaxy Core (very vintage).  I’m thinking of replacing it with a Motorola moto G 5g 2023. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My current phone is Samsung Galaxy Core (very vintage).  I’m thinking of replacing it with a Motorola moto G 5g 2023. 

Since both of them are Android devices, it may be possible for you to transfer your data over to the new phone. You will need to back up to your Google Drive. I would suggest you to visit the following link for further details. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-back-up-data-to-my-google-account-from-my-samsung-galaxy-device/

That was very helpful.  I followed the steps and found that my old phone is already synced.  So, when I get my new phone, is it just a matter of putting in my google account email and downloading the data to the new phone?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was very helpful.  I followed the steps and found that my old phone is already synced.  So, when I get my new phone, is it just a matter of putting in my google account email and downloading the data to the new phone?  

Yes, you can visit the following link for further instructions to transfer the data onto your new phone. https://en-ca.support.motorola.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/161999/~/copy-data-from-old-phone