Skip to main content

Hi there,

On May 7, 2024 I paid for Stream + and a charge of approximately 36.00$ was put onto my credit card.  On May 14th, I received an email from Koodo saying I haven’t yet activated my Prime account so I activated it.  I was then charged a 1 year subscription for Amazon Prime on May 14th for approximately 110.00$ (on top of what I was charged on May 7).

I contacted Koodo via a phone call on May 17th to talk about the charge, and they couldn’t refund me and suggested I contact Amazon.  On the same day, I called Amazon and they tried to refund me the money, but the refund never showed up on my credit card.  I called Amazon again at the end of May, as well as on June 4.  Both times, Amazon tried to refund me the money.

Finally, on June 10, I talked with an Amazon rep again and they said they can’t refund me the money because it’s Koodo who has subscribed to the plan, and it is managed by them.

I then called Koodo again, and they said they can’t refund me the money because it’s Amazon.  I keep hearing from Koodo to go to Amazon, and I keep hearing from Amazon to go to Koodo. 

Can I please get some help with this? It has been almost a month of back and forth

Hi @Daniel Frolick 

The billing through Amazon is paused once you activate your Amazon Prime through Koodo.

In case the subscription through Amazon renewed before activating it through Koodo, then the refund for the yearly subscription can be requested only with Amazon

The unused portion of the subscription renewed with Amazon, remains in your Amazon account and you can use it later in case you decide to stop the billing through Koodo at some point.