Koodo Community
Question

I feel like Koodo ripped me off

• 17 January 2023
  • 5 replies

I feel like I got ripped off by Koodo because I have a Huawei P40 phone which is essentially useless. The phone is not supported by Google so I am unable to download many essential apps such as Google Maps, Google Pay, Gmail, etc. When I got this phone from them, they did NOT inform me that I would experience this issue. 

I am hoping that Koodo customer service will understand my issue and either replace my phone with something that's not as useless or allow me to cancel my service without making me pay the remaining tab balance on my account. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If I recalled correctly,there was a message about this on their webstore when they were selling the p40.

Also, you had a 30 days trial period of Koodo service (15 day for in-store phone). You could get a refund at that time. As of now, I don't think you could get a replacement or refund.

If I recalled correctly,there was a message about this on their webstore when they were selling the p40.

Also, you had a 30 days trial period of Koodo service (15 day for in-store phone). You could get a refund at that time. As of now, I don't think you could get a replacement or refund.

You do not recall correctly because there was no information about this when they sold me the phone. 

Did you not do any research on the phone before buying it? 

Userlevel 4

You do not recall correctly because there was no information about this when they sold me the phone. 

They misinform and mislead you all the time. Nothing new. Hope your issue gets solved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Huawei devices and google app store removal had been a hot topic 2,3 years ago. They started removing google service from the p30 models.There were ton of information in the forum and webpage blogs. Unfortunately as Koodo stopped selling those huawei devices, those topics had been archived. If you insisted on not seeing any information. we have to agree to disagree. I don't think that discussion even be a relavant topic as you were given a trial period and you have been using it for almost 2 year?