Koodo Community
Question

How to access customer care? (Is this normal for Koodo?)

• 13 August 2023
  • 4 replies

We had an excellent family plan with another company for as far back as I can remember. Koodo offered us new (refurbished) ‘iPhone 12XR Pro 256GB’ phones with comparable plans to our old ones, so I signed up and brought over two of my grown kids as well, with the same offer. We are very unhappy with the phones. To say these phones are “refurbished” is false advertising. They absolutely are not refurbished. They are just plain “used”, and there’s a reason people got rid of them. Mine has an 87% max battery life and the speaker is sometimes crackly. The main reason I switched to a new phone is because my old phones battery was going, so this is very disappointing. My daughters phone shows red notifications; “Unable to determine if your iPhone battery is a genuine Apple part”, and “Unable to determine if your iPhone display is a genuine Apple part”, and her phone is constantly and randomly crashing with a white screen, as well as dropping calls, and the battery is not good. My sons phone has similar issues. We were assured multiple times by the Koodo sales person that if we weren’t completely happy with the phones we could go into any Koodo store and exchange them. My son made a trip into town and waited in a long lineup at Koodo to do just that, only to be told that he would have to return his phone to Koodo and have them send another. That is 100% unacceptable!! We are so disheartened with all of this, and shocked at the quality of phones they are selling in the name of “refurbished”. We’ve always been loyal customers with our previous company and had substantial loyalty discounts, and we’re having serious regrets on our decision to give that up and switch to Koodo. We are feeling taken advantage of and there isn’t even a phone number we can call for support. Can anyone tell me, is there any way to contact Koodo for support in this issue? Or, after investing countless hours into making this switch, do we just have to send the phones back and cancel our accounts? This is so disheartening. 😞

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We had an excellent family plan with another company for as far back as I can remember. Koodo offered us new (refurbished) ‘iPhone 12XR Pro 256GB’ phones with comparable plans to our old ones, so I signed up and brought over two of my grown kids as well, with the same offer. We are very unhappy with the phones. To say these phones are “refurbished” is false advertising. They absolutely are not refurbished. They are just plain “used”, and there’s a reason people got rid of them. Mine has an 87% max battery life and the speaker is sometimes crackly. The main reason I switched to a new phone is because my old phones battery was going, so this is very disappointing. My daughters phone shows red notifications; “Unable to determine if your iPhone battery is a genuine Apple part”, and “Unable to determine if your iPhone display is a genuine Apple part”, and her phone is constantly and randomly crashing with a white screen, as well as dropping calls, and the battery is not good. My sons phone has similar issues. We were assured multiple times by the Koodo sales person that if we weren’t completely happy with the phones we could go into any Koodo store and exchange them. My son made a trip into town and waited in a long lineup at Koodo to do just that, only to be told that he would have to return his phone to Koodo and have them send another. That is 100% unacceptable!! We are so disheartened with all of this, and shocked at the quality of phones they are selling in the name of “refurbished”. We’ve always been loyal customers with our previous company and had substantial loyalty discounts, and we’re having serious regrets on our decision to give that up and switch to Koodo. We are feeling taken advantage of and there isn’t even a phone number we can call for support. Can anyone tell me, is there any way to contact Koodo for support in this issue? Or, after investing countless hours into making this switch, do we just have to send the phones back and cancel our accounts? This is so disheartening. 😞

If you are unhappy with the phone, I would suggest you to initiate the return process. You will need to reach out to the Koodo Web Store at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com within 30 days of the date of purchase. 

Otherwise, you will be stuck with the current one. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

We’ve invested too many hours in to finally getting these phones to just return them. and have canceled our previous plans. We would like the phones that we agreed to which are refurbished phones that don’t crash or have unknown parts in them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We’ve invested too many hours in to finally getting these phones to just return them. and have canceled our previous plans. We would like the phones that we agreed to which are refurbished phones that don’t crash or have unknown parts in them. 

You can visit a Telus store to have them sent out for repair, or, if you are within the 30 day window you can exchange them for new ones. You’d have to reach out to the webstore as mentioned above to do that though. (I believe this is what MilkyWay meant by return)

My son made a trip into town and stood in line for a long time at a Koodo/Telus store, only to be told that, as he didn’t purchase it from a store, but over the phone from Koodo, he would have to return the phone directly to Koodo. They wouldn’t exchange or return or repair for him at the store.