Koodo Community
Question

How Long Does It Take To Get A Software Update

• 20 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi All,

I am looking at getting a new phone. Weighting my options on potentially getting a Samsung S1FE or a Google Pixel 7. My issue is that specs on the Samsung S1FE state it's only running Android 11. I am running Adroid 13 currently on my Samsung A71. How long generally does it take for a software update to come in? Just wondering since I feel Android 11 would be a considerable downgrade for me.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you always want the latest and greatest, Pixel is the way to go. Samsung is definitely getting better with timely updates, but nowhere near as fast as Google's own lineup.

That's what I am thinking but the Samsung is 120 MHZ vs 90 MHZ on the Pixel. There is also a few other camera options on the Samsung the Pixel doesn't have. I am just looking for an approx time frame to upgrade from 11 to 13 or will it be done right out of box. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This web page might be of some help:

It gives me an idea but it's from 4 yrs ago this Samsung us a 2022 phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems to be up to date though, last update dates May 23 of this year. Edit: sorry June 16 lol

I see that now at the very bottom but not sure if they include the Samsung S21 FE in the other S21's or not. They don't list this model there and most of these updates are UI not operating system unfortunately. I may just call in and find out 

I got my answer it's an immediate update out of the box and Android 14 in March which I am not concerned about. I am just one of these people who owns a Samsung who discovered their phone had all sorts of hidden capabilities with Android 13. I was speechless.  It was like going out and buying a new phone so that's why it was a burning questions. Thanks for taking the time to help out.