Koodo Community
Question

FIRST PHONE AND TAB BONUS

• 19 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi ill buy my first phone here i found out there is tab bonus for some devices and up front as well, if tab bonus offer 200 and phone upfront is 100, can i use for reduce upfront payment so order without any payment

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Upfront payment and Tab bonus works differently. You can't use Tab bonus for reducing payment.

Which phone are you looking at? 

iphone 15 but i guess koodo doesnt compare itself with others, how come they asking that much upfront payment i dont understand, even telus offering 0 upfront not even mentioning freedom i just signed up with 2 lines and regret on first day you can only buy iphone 12 without upfront its crazy

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

iPhone 15 Pricing

Koodo:

Minimum plan: $50 60GB

iPhone 15: $33/m + $369 upfront

Telus:

Minimum plan: $90 75GB

iPhone 15: $48.38 + tax upfront ($58.05 in AB)

Freedom:

Minimum plan: $50 75GB

iPhone 15: $39.04/m

Koodo has more upfront because they let you take a cheaper plan.

Telus lets you do more monthly because you have to take a more expensive plan.

Freedom is cheaper all around because they are a regional carrier and don’t have a Canada wide network.

Koodo would be comparable to Fido and Virgin (their main competitors).

This is the first time I'm hearing the term Tab Bonus. What is it? Wasn’t it called 'Phone Credit,' 'Activation Bonus' or 'Activation Credit' before?

It was formerly referred to as the Phone Credit, Activation Bonus, or Activation Credit, and we recently changed its name. It still means the same thing but has a new name, which is “Tab Bonus.” Similar to the Tab, the Tab Bonus is offered by Koodo to reduce the upfront cost of the phone.

can you also enlighten me about this please

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea for sure.

Pixel 7 right now for example.

Retail price is $936

Tab bonus is $667

$936 - $667 = $269

$269 / 24 months = $11.21/m which is what it’s listed for.

Any tab bonus you see is already discounted off the retail price. Then you pay the remainder.