Koodo Community
Question

CPO iPhone with Non-Genuine Battery

• 26 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Good Day,

I recently received a CPO iPhone 11 Pro - but it arrived with a non-genuine Apple Battery.

As such, I cannot verify the battery health, the date of the battery replacement, etc.

I know that CPO phones are checked over - but is a non-genuine repair “acceptable”?

Should I exchange it for a new phone, or can Koodo replace it with an OEM battery?

Rant:
This is rather disappointing. This is my first experience buying a CPO phone, and the first phone came with a faulty speaker-phone microphone.  This is the new replacement - which has potential battery issues.  (The first phone came with a 100% health genuine Apple battery).

Thank you for your insight.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you’re better off sending the phone back and ordering a different iPhone 11 Pro, provided the phone is still within the 30-day return window from the date of purchase. You can send an email to the webstore at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to initiate the return process.

The turnaround time to get a replacement battery (if they can get an OE iPhone battery) versus sending it back and ordering another iPhone 11 Pro will likely be the same, or possibly sooner. Hopefully, this non-genuine battery is only a one-time occurrence.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212878

Userlevel 4

Good Day,

I recently received a CPO iPhone 11 Pro - but it arrived with a non-genuine Apple Battery.

As such, I cannot verify the battery health, the date of the battery replacement, etc.

I know that CPO phones are checked over - but is a non-genuine repair “acceptable”?

Should I exchange it for a new phone, or can Koodo replace it with an OEM battery?

Rant:
This is rather disappointing. This is my first experience buying a CPO phone, and the first phone came with a faulty speaker-phone microphone.  This is the new replacement - which has potential battery issues.  (The first phone came with a 100% health genuine Apple battery).

Thank you for your insight.

And yet Koodo claims to have tested everything. I would love to work at Koodo’s repair shop. Seems like a job to not do anything lol