Koodo Community
Solved

CPO iPhone display not genuine

• 15 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I am so disappointed that my ‘like new’ CPO iPhone 11 Pro has an after market replaced screen and is not genuine. Upon turning it on for your first time, I was greeted with notifications telling me just that, see attached. Why would Koodo not mention this?
This is blatant false advertising on Koodo’s end - Customers need to be aware of these details and had I known I would have never purchased. This is now the second time this is happening, where I noticed something was off with the screen of my last CPO iPhone and the screen was incredibly buggy. Lucky for me this time my phone is actually telling me it’s a fake. Last time I had to pay to get out of my contract when the screen/phone was not worth a fraction of the cost paid and I do not want deal with that again. 

I would appreciate if I could get this rectified ASAP. I just want a genuine apple screen and do not want to deal with any problems should this screen not work as intended over the course of the next 24 months (my contract). Please advise as to next steps to get this fixed, thank you! 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 15 January 2023, 05:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 4

Welcome to the benefits of CPO! It’s essentially same as an iPhone Replica (or worst). Constantly reminding you that your display is fake! There is no True Tone and Retina display feature. Yet Koodo claims all their CPO phone work as it’s meant to…

You are not alone. I am still in the process of getting this rectified. I have a “Great” grade phone and your case its “Like-New” . Hopefully, they don't send me a “Very Good” as a replacement since they don’t have anymore “Great” graded of the same model on their website. Tab Bonuses vary depending on the phone grade. Keep that in mind when they offer you an exchange.

Never expected Koodo to do business like a Flea Market Retailer!

Please see my posts regarding this: CPO exchange process and  Before buying CPO iphones

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is your iPhone 11 Pro still within the 30-day return window?

If so, it’s best to send an email to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to initiate the return process.

As a side note, I agree that more information needs to be displayed so that customers can make an informed decision when purchasing a CPO iPhone.

Userlevel 4

I am so disappointed that my ‘like new’ CPO iPhone 11 Pro has an after market replaced screen and is not genuine. Upon turning it on for your first time, I was greeted with notifications telling me just that, see attached. Why would Koodo not mention this?
This is blatant false advertising on Koodo’s end - Customers need to be aware of these details and had I known I would have never purchased. This is now the second time this is happening, where I noticed something was off with the screen of my last CPO iPhone and the screen was incredibly buggy. Lucky for me this time my phone is actually telling me it’s a fake. Last time I had to pay to get out of my contract when the screen/phone was not worth a fraction of the cost paid and I do not want deal with that again. 

I would appreciate if I could get this rectified ASAP. I just want a genuine apple screen and do not want to deal with any problems should this screen not work as intended over the course of the next 24 months (my contract). Please advise as to next steps to get this fixed, thank you! 

If so, it’s best to send an email to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com to initiate the return process.

As a side note, I agree that more information needs to be displayed so that customers can make an informed decision when purchasing a CPO iPhone.

@Jayna if you want it rectified then specify you want to exchange it. The sincere employees working hard to replace phones with fake displays don’t have time to read your emails carefully!

My email subject clearly states I wanted to exchange it and they give me options whether I  want return or exchange it!

@Jayna if you want it rectified then specify you want to exchange it. The sincere employees working hard to replace phones with fake displays don’t have time to read your emails carefully!

My email subject clearly states I wanted to exchange it and they give me options whether I  want return or exchange it!

Appreciate you shining some light on this! I will definitely try that. If Koodo could provide some sort of guarantee as to the authenticity of the parts/screen, that would be helpful i.e. What they should be doing by default.  You would think that would be a must but apparently not… 

I think the 30 days will be coming up soon but If I’m able to exchange it with another with a genuine apple screen as advertised that will suffice! More info definitely needs to be displayed regarding these important details..  Would make everyone’s lives easier. 

Userlevel 4

Appreciate you shining some light on this! I will definitely try that. If Koodo could provide some sort of guarantee as to the authenticity of the parts/screen, that would be helpful i.e. What they should be doing by default.  You would think that would be a must but apparently not… 

They should be throwing away the phones that don’t have genuine parts. 

Userlevel 4

I think the 30 days will be coming up soon but If I’m able to exchange it with another with a genuine apple screen as advertised that will suffice! More info definitely needs to be displayed regarding these important details..  Would make everyone’s lives easier. 

The replacement one might not have genuine part…

Basically they will not make the effort to actually verify it before shipping the replacement.

What do you think a customer who already requested a replacement would do when they notice the same fake parts issue again? Send it again for another exchange or return it and move out of Koodo…. 

monkey business 🐵