Koodo Community
Solved

can you sell back/return phone that's on a tab?

• 30 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I started on a new plan last December, and took on a Samsung s20fe 5g. I ended up not opening the phone for a month, and after that time I tried it for about a week before deciding I didn't like it (mostly larger size, but some functionally I didn't like), and went back to my using old phone (Samsung s8 active). Now it's really time for a new phone as my s8 is starting to malfunction a bit.

So, wondering if Koodo buys back/allows return of phones (specifically on a tab), to sell on the pre-owned market to be customers, or I'll just have to sell it myself? I would love to get out of the tab, maybe switch to another plan. I owe $100 +400 for the tab in total, 11 months remaining. The phone is basically still new, great condition, used for a week. 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 30 November 2022, 23:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So, wondering if Koodo buys back/allows return of phones (specifically on a tab), to sell on the pre-owned market to be customers, 

Not that I’m aware of. Koodo offers a trade-in program, but you would have to bring the phone to a store to get a quote. A quick look on TELUS’ website shows the trade-in value of $170 for a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G 128GB device, model number SM-G781W.

Device Trade-in | Koodo

Device Trade-in | TELUS

I think you will have better luck selling your phone privately on Kijiji or Marketplace. Or sell to a friend, family member or coworker.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the reply rikkster, that's more or less what I figured. They seem to be listed for $250-350 in my area, so I suppose we'll try that. I'll maybe sit on the phone (or request a call back) to see if a rep has any other ideas for me, but I don't have my hopes up.