Koodo Community
Solved

Buying the pixel 7a results in "Your choice is no longer available"

I tried ordering the pixel 7a and go through the entire process of entering credit card details and approving the purchase about 4 times and when the sms code is entered, a screen shows “Your choice is no longer available”. It’s a popular phone blah blah blah. 

Anyone else having this issue right now?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 12 May 2023, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried using a different device or browser or completing the purchase inside of a private/incognito window?

3 different devices and yes. It’s as if they are selling the phone but don’t have stock and don’t want to take orders. Kind of confusing and a big waste of time trying to order it. It’s also impossible to get someone from Koodo to troubleshoot the issue since everything is online / self help. I have emailed their Koodo webstore email as well to see if they can help.

I’ve tried ever since they put it up on the site. Same response, doesn’t matter which 7a phone you try. Very frustrating. It’s almost like they forgot to link the new phone order to the actual inventory.

Going to buy it elsewhere (same price from Google) if it’s not fixed soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did it only happen to the pixel 7a or to every other phone you selected? I was wondering if the issue was limited to the 7a only. You could also try again tomorrow morning to see if they can fix the problem at that time

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve tried ever since they put it up on the site. Same response, doesn’t matter which 7a phone you try. Very frustrating. It’s almost like they forgot to link the new phone order to the actual inventory.

Buying from Google might be better. It's same price and they have more color choices.

Buying from Google might be better. It's same price and they have more color choices.

Unfortunately Koodo also has a new data plan that you only get with a new phone...weighing the options, but again today, no phones. Why can’t they tell me that when I try to put it into the basket instead of after all the choices, verifications and payment methods?? I really think someone hasn’t linked the inventory to the website.  Might go to a kiosk today…

Did it only happen to the pixel 7a or to every other phone you selected? I was wondering if the issue was limited to the 7a only. You could also try again tomorrow morning to see if they can fix the problem at that time

I did not try any other phones because I don’t want the order to actually go through and then I have a bigger problem on my hands. The worst part is that it takes you all the way to the very end, the final confirmation and it gives that error. 

I tried again this morning, with a different credit card as well… same problem. Disappointing. Their support through twitter chat said it works in Ontario fine for them. They are probably only testing adding it to the cart (which works fine).

Unfortunately Koodo also has a new data plan that you only get with a new phone...weighing the options, but again today, no phones. Why can’t they tell me that when I try to put it into the basket instead of after all the choices, verifications and payment methods?? I really think someone hasn’t linked the inventory to the website.  Might go to a kiosk today…

Let me know how that goes! Good to know it’s all the phones not just the pixel 7a. I honestly think it has something to do with the Koodo TAB and a plan being under $55 etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey there @FluffySkies777!
We just wanted to give you a heads up about our website's new real-time inventory system. Now, if you try to order a device that's out of stock, the website will let you know right away and your order won't go through.
But don't worry! As soon as the device becomes available again, you'll be able to place your order without any issues.

Hey there @FluffySkies777!
We just wanted to give you a heads up about our website's new real-time inventory system. Now, if you try to order a device that's out of stock, the website will let you know right away and your order won't go through.
But don't worry! As soon as the device becomes available again, you'll be able to place your order without any issues.

Thanks. At least that explains what is happening. That said I just tried it and it still goes through all the way past the credit card entry.

I am pretty sure it will be conveniently back in stock after the $39 20GB promo though.

I just tried again this morning and the order went through! Try it right now and see if it works.