Koodo Community
Question

All Cubot Smartphones are still unsupported by Koodo's and Telus network

• 27 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I posted on the koodo Mobile forum because of my frustration that Cubot has not programmed for All 4G LTE and 3G bands for their line up of 4 inch smartphone such as the Cubot J10, Cubot kingkong mini 2 and Cubot Pocket smartphones. I get these smartphones on aliexpress.com. 

I am going to cave  and buy a $110 Cubot Kingkong mini 2 even though it is not finished programming 

I have emailed Cubot once a month for the past 13 months to ask when Victor gets coverage for the essential 4G LTE bands for the Cubot . I even asked my asked my electrical engineer Friend Chenbuke at Rogers when the Cubot Pocket is fully supported there. I complained to Nokia corporation and their former 3G HSPA+ network  programmer Keanu reeves. I told Asus Taiwan about the 4 inch smartphone and they say they will make it. 

I told Nvidia CEO Haung Jensen and he offered a grant  to the first programmer that successfully programed 4G LTE for the Cubot smartphones 

My friend Deacon Dan tried to use a Cubot J10 says he can receive phone calls but the data is extremely slow . Dan is on Telus network.

The 3G HSPA WCDMA UMTS 900 and 2100 bands and 4G 4G FDD-LTE: Band: B1/ 3/ 7/ 8/ 19/ 20 are still unsupported by Telus. 

Frequencies

Telus and Koodo. Koodo does not get 5G.  

4G LTE and LTE Advanced:

2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS)

1900 MHz

700 MHz

850 MHz

3G WDCMA HSPA:

850 MHz and 1900 MHz (UMTS)

4 inch Cubot Smartphone is hard to machine. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, Cubot is a phone manufacturer from another country (China) and their phone weren’t designed for Canadian market given the network bands above. So I recommend you find another phone to use. I don’t think Koodo would adapt their network to work with a foreign phone.