Koodo Community
Question

Adding a new line for my daughter

• 1 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Ok so I’ve never “added a line” before so this is new to me.  Just decided that  my daughter is ready for a cell phone so I’ve decided that I’m gonna give her my old iphone 6S to use.  I’m thinking that the simplest way to do this would be to add a new line to my account.

Here’s my assumption of how this is going to work.  (I’d appreciate a correction if I’m wrong and additions as far as anything I may have left out.)

So I go online and choose a plan for her with the “Bring your own phone” option. 

• So this then means that all I need is a sim card which is shipped to me within 5 business days.
  • This SIM card means that she gets a separate cell phone number which is then activated within minutes of insertion.
  • I’m assuming that this new phone number will show up in the Iphone’s “settings” once the SIM is inserted. 
  • This “additional line” with its accompanying plan and cell phone number is completely separate from MY account and the only connection to me for all intents and purposes is the fact that it appears on my bill.  

Am I correct so far?  Anything that I may have missed and/or need to know?

Thank you! 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so I’ve never “added a line” before so this is new to me.  Just decided that  my daughter is ready for a cell phone so I’ve decided that I’m gonna give her my old iphone 6S to use.  I’m thinking that the simplest way to do this would be to add a new line to my account.

Here’s my assumption of how this is going to work.  (I’d appreciate a correction if I’m wrong and additions as far as anything I may have left out.)

So I go online and choose a plan for her with the “Bring your own phone” option. 

• So this then means that all I need is a sim card which is shipped to me within 5 business days.
  • This SIM card means that she gets a separate cell phone number which is then activated within minutes of insertion.
  • I’m assuming that this new phone number will show up in the Iphone’s “settings” once the SIM is inserted. 
  • This “additional line” with its accompanying plan and cell phone number is completely separate from MY account and the only connection to me for all intents and purposes is the fact that it appears on my bill.  

Am I correct so far?  Anything that I may have missed and/or need to know?

Thank you! 

You are on the right track, but there are a few things that are incorrect.

• The SIM card is activated from the time it leaves the warehouse. 
  • You will receive a confirmation email from Koodo once it has been ordered and shipped out.
  • The additional line will be under your account. 
Userlevel 1

Thanks Milky Way.  Maybe if I’d put it like the following it would be more in line with what you said? (“the additional line will be under your account”)

This “additional line” with its accompanying plan and cell phone number is completely separate from MY PLAN and NUMBER and the only connection to me for all intents and purposes is the fact that it appears on my bill under my account.   

Does that sound correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Milky Way.  Maybe if I’d put it like the following it would be more in line with what you said? (“the additional line will be under your account”)

This “additional line” with its accompanying plan and cell phone number is completely separate from MY PLAN and NUMBER and the only connection to me for all intents and purposes is the fact that it appears on my bill under my account.   

Does that sound correct?

Yes, that is correct. It will be on a separate plan.