Koodo Community

Wow! Koodo prepaid is broken, Koodo customer service is broken, and Koodo community is broken!!!

• 31 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I was trying to get my 2022 Koodo prepaid payment history (for tax purposes). I discovered (1) that the payment history only goes back 365 days from today, which is disappointing, but also (2) that the “Custom” date range in the payment history section is hopelessly broken. When you select it, you can select a custom date range within the past year, but when you apply it, you still get the payment history for the last 3 months (or 6 months, sometimes). The fact that the box says “3 months” after you click on “custom,” though now it has a purple border on it.

I went looking for a customer service email, so that I could report this bug. Guess what? There’s no such thing. Apparently if you’re not willing to play footsie with the assistant or wait on the phone, they don’t want to hear from you. OK, I guess I’ll post to the community.

I went to the community page from within my prepaid self serve account and went to make a new post. It wanted me to log in (though I was logged in to my self serve account already). I tried entering my email and password again, but it didn’t like that. I tried “log in with your self serve account”, and the first time I did that, the window went blank and froze indefinitely. The second time, it asked me to specify if I wanted regular or prepaid, and when I selected prepaid and gave it my login, it took me to my self serve account, which I was already logged in to, and clicking on “go to community” still wanted me to log in before I could post. I gave up and logged in using FB, which seems to have worked.

In summary, everything about Koodo’s online presence seems to be a buggy piece of dung, putting me in a very foul and unimpressed mood, and I still don’t have all of the information I was looking for.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep, welcome to the world of Koodo prepaid. Their self serve portal is notoriously dreadful. The GOOD news however, is that the prepaid plans are affordable (though you should definitely compare them with Public Mobile), and surprisingly stable & robust. I was a prepaid customer for more than 10 years until I finally upgraded to postpaid and never, once did I have any issues with the service.

The reason why you can’t login this community with your self service account is easy to explain though: the prepaid portal, despite the name “Koodo”, is on an entirely different platform as postpaid. Whereas you CAN login to the community with a postpaid account, you can’t do the same with prepaid.

Your complaints are warranted, but in some cases there is an explanation.

It would be better if they at least didn’t pretend, though I suppose it’s completely unreasonable to expect a for-profit business to say “That doesn’t work, so don’t waste time trying,” when they can just leave it broken, maintain what passes for plausible deniability, and not worry about the time their customers waste trying to use their sites.

I have, indeed, been reasonably impressed with how well the actual phone stuff works, for probably about $17/month out of pocket. If they could just figure out how to do MMS messages without my having to turn data on, I’d have little to complain about regarding the actual service.

Thanks for the info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sadly, you’re not wrong - and I too believe things are left “deliberately” broken if it isn’t profitable enough to fix (e.g. not enough people complain and/or not enough customers leave over the issue).

That said, it still helps to report bugs because I have also seen them fix minor bugs just because it was an easy enough fix :) So, is there anything you would like to single out for Koodo to fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If they could just figure out how to do MMS messages without my having to turn data on, I’d have little to complain about regarding the actual service.

MMS requires data to be on since MMS uses the data pipeline. This is not a koodo controlled thing.

At best cellphone manufacturers can program a toggle for MMS with no data, but with data only messaging being popular and large amounts of data becoming more and more popular it is very unlikely.