Koodo Community
Question

Will i get charged for getting incoming text in India?

• 6 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi i just got the 15 dollar starter pack. I will be in Punjab, India from Mid March to December 2023 and will need to use my phone to receive verification codes (like from facebook linkedin etc) i will not be making any outgoing calls or attending any calls i will only be using this phone to receive those verification codes.
Can someone please tell me every time lets say facebook sends me a code i will be charged for it? if yes please tell me how much

Will my koodo  even work in Punjab, India? Do i  need to do anything from my end (I have an Iphone XS)

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi i just got the 15 dollar starter pack. I will be in Punjab, India from Mid March to December 2023 and will need to use my phone to receive verification codes (like from facebook linkedin etc) i will not be making any outgoing calls or attending any calls i will only be using this phone to receive those verification codes.
Can someone please tell me every time lets say facebook sends me a code i will be charged for it? if yes please tell me how much

Will my koodo  even work in Punjab, India? Do i  need to do anything from my end (I have an Iphone XS)

Unfortunately, it will not work on prepaid plans.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you were actually a "postpaid" customer with $15 starter plan, you could roam while you are in India.

Receiving incoming SMS is free however you must enable roaming to receive. If the intention was just sms messages, you would need the "voice international roaming add-on" and remember to turn off your cellular data and data roaming while travelling. In short, you need:

- add easyroam https://www.koodomobile.com/help/easy-roam

- Make sure you had the "international voice roaming". You can either keep easyroam add-ons or delete it. It's your choice.

- turn off cellular data, data roaming and don't send text, make or receive call.

When you arrive to India, I recommend you restart the phone. Koodo signal isn't available in India and you would have to roam on their partner's network.

If you were actually a "postpaid" customer with $15 starter plan, you could roam while you are in India.

Receiving incoming SMS is free however you must enable roaming to receive. If the intention was just sms messages, you would need the "voice international roaming add-on" and remember to turn off your cellular data and data roaming while travelling. In short, you need:

- add easyroam https://www.koodomobile.com/help/easy-roam

- Make sure you had the "international voice roaming". You can either keep easyroam add-ons or delete it. It's your choice.

- turn off cellular data, data roaming and don't send text, make or receive call.

When you arrive to India, I recommend you restart the phone. Koodo signal isn't available in India and you would have to roam on their partner's network.

I wish the customer rep i went too was this helpful :( i told him i am going to india and he still signed me up for prepaid