Koodo Community
Question

What does it mean to Koodo Prepaid service?

https://mobilesyrup.com/2022/05/04/public-mobile-100-ercent-online-only/

"Additionally, as of May 3rd, Koodo Prepaid will be available alongside Public Mobile, which means the two brands will overlap for a time until July 13th."

does that mean all Koodo Prepaid will become Public Mobile?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not too sure what they were trying to get at there honestly.

The only difference being made is that public mobile will only be offered online as of July 13th. Everything else is staying the same.

this makes me wonder:

Additionally, as of May 3rd, Koodo Prepaid will be available alongside Public Mobile, which means the two brands will overlap for a time until July 13th.

So, what happen after July 13 other than PM goes fully online.  What happens to Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

After July 13, everything else wit koodo stays the same as mentioned by @Allan M 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's a a very confusing article and I have a feeling that the writer is mixing up a few things here. We'll reach out to Koodo to shed some light on this, but I'm fairly confident it's mostly clickbait.

Public Mobile has been online only for years now so not sure what all the fuss in that article is about (yet).

Thanks @Sophia  @Allan M , kindly provide update if you hear anything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

What this means is that Public can no longer be activated in-store (at places such at The Mobile Shop, OSL/Walmart Wireless, Glentel/TBooth/Wireless Wave, etc). Customers will only be able to buy the SIM card there, they'll have to activate it online. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@softech The article on MobileSyrup has been updated to be a little more clear.

Like Jru mentioned, the only change is that public mobile will only be supported online and not in store anymore.