Koodo Community
Solved

Upgrading base plan on pre-paid- do we get credit for the current plan already paid for?

• 7 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have koodo pre-paid for about 8 years and loved the service, and my base plan of $15 automatically renewed on July 3. I would like to change the base plan, and the new one is more expensive, it seem that we have to paid for the full amount for the new base plan right out of the gate. So that would be about $30 for the new plan...however, we just paid $15 for the old plan for July, so am wondering, will we get a credit back for the balance of the month not used under the old plan? or do we need to call in to do it and avoid loosing the balance? 

Thanks for your help!

Nic

icon

Best answer by Goran 7 July 2020, 14:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The credit is lost. I'm not prepaid so I've mostly learned from this forum and the “normal”is that it's lost and that's it when you upgrade Nd that you should wait until the end of the month to change plans when prepaid. You could try contacting Koodo to see if they'd be willing to extend a credit but I just wouldn't expect it to be a sure thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You're indeed best off to wait till the day before renewal to make optimum use of your current plan. The only problem I see with that is that Koodo can change their plans overnight and you might miss out on the one you really wanted.

For example they just updated the $15 plan from 250mb data to 100 minutes. I personally have no use for minutes so I'm glad I changed my plan when I did.