Koodo Community
Question

Unauthorised Automatic top ups

• 27 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I cancelled my automatic top ups in April 2022 but have continued to be charged for the last four months whilst I have been living overseas and not using my Koodo account.  How can I get a refund for the amount that has been taken from my bank account? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you were charged for last 4 months, I wondered if you managed to cancel the top-up or not. Could you log into your self-serve and see if you had any pre-authorized payment there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you on postpaid or prepaid? Reason I ask is that prepaid can only be topped up using a creditcard, not a bank account (unless you used a VISA debit card).

In the case of postpaid, cancelling your payments isn’t enough, you will need to contact Koodo and tell them that you want to cancel your line.

If you are on prepaid, all you need to do is login to self serve and delete the auto top up from your account. No further action is needed - your line will disappear after 90 days.

Unfortunately Koodo won’t issue a refund for previous billing cycles :(

Thanks for your replies!

I am a prepaid customer. I thought I had cancelled the automatic top ups on my VISA debit card for my prepaid account by doing it on the Koodo website but it must not have worked and they have continued to charge me over $200.  I have now tried to cancel the pre authorisation again.

As I have not had the Koodo SIM card in my phone or used it during the 4 month period I have been charged for is there any way that Koodo would be able to refund me this amount?

Is there any way to contact Koodo to see if they will help a loyal customer who can’t afford to lose that money?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you say "tried to cancel" the automated updates, what exactly did you try? It should be easy to see whether auto top ups are enabled or not. If you wish you can share a screenshot (personal information masked) so we can give a second opinion :)

As for a refund, I don't give that much hope but I can't speak for Koodo. Your best bet is to contact them through Facebook or Twitter DM and see what they can do for you.