Koodo Community
Question

Unable to purchase a new phone?

• 11 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve been with koodo for 16 years, haven’t missed a months payment in all that time, and decided I was going to treat myself to the latest iphone. Not interested in a tab, I intended to buy it outright and just continue using the plan I already have. I attempted to sign in when asked so I could add it into my cart, but once I did so the option to purchase anything was gone. It wouldn’t go anywhere except for my main summery of my account. I attempted to use the chat, and basically it asked me to sign in and then said I’m not a customer. I don’t wish to have a contract, I don’t use my phone enough to warrant it. So am I correct in interpreting my account has no relevance and I’m not a koodo customer even though I’ve been with this company for so long? Very disappointed to say the least

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is strange. Are you a prepaid or postpaid customer? Which plan are you on? 

Also, which phone are you interested in? 

I am pretty sure there is just a technical glitch - not sure why you would jump to the conclusion that Koodo doesn't consider you a customer.

That being said, you might want to consider buying directly from Apple or another source as prices on a new phone would most likely be more favourable than buying directly from Koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you wish to buy outright, just buy directly from Apple. The base iPhone 14 pro max is 1593 retail with Koodo. It is 1549 at Apple. It is a 44 dollar markup and there are similar markups with the other iPhones in the Koodo phone lineup.