Koodo Community
Solved

Topping up for the first time

• 19 August 2021
  • 3 replies

So someone visits canada and orders your SIM card online… Then tries to top up using credit card..

It doesn’t work because you do not accept international credit cards!!! So how am I supposed to use the SIM card that I ordered online…

Why can’t I use an international credit card. I do not have a Canadian bank account…

The process is broken, because you allow me to register an international bank account. I can do this through your Assist robot service… But to do that I need to organise a call back… and for you to call me back , I need to give you a Canadian phone number… so back to square zero..I bought your SIM card online bwcause I do not have a Canadian phone… so why do I need to have a phone number to get a new phone number!!!!!

Very ill thought process. 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 22 August 2021, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you already placed the order and have the sim card?

If you have a bill already thay you need to pay then you should have the sim card by now so you can schedule a callback to that number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You will have to wait till you are on Canadian soil, then buy a Koodo Prepaid Voucher and top up with that until you have a suitable credit card. Not such a big deal, since your phone not work outside of Canada (or the US with optional roaming package).

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-vouchers

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So someone visits canada and orders your SIM card online… Then tries to top up using credit card..

It doesn’t work because you do not accept international credit cards!!! So how am I supposed to use the SIM card that I ordered online…

Why can’t I use an international credit card. I do not have a Canadian bank account…

The process is broken, because you allow me to register an international bank account. I can do this through your Assist robot service… But to do that I need to organise a call back… and for you to call me back , I need to give you a Canadian phone number… so back to square zero..I bought your SIM card online bwcause I do not have a Canadian phone… so why do I need to have a phone number to get a new phone number!!!!!

Very ill thought process. 

There are certain websites where you can buy prepaid top-up vouchers. I can’t guarantee whether it is legit or not, but you can try at your own risk. Personally I would suggest you to go to one of the stores listed on the Koodo website.

Here are some of the websites (in no particular order):