Koodo Community
Solved

Texting in Europe

• 26 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Usually when I go to Europe, I replace my Koodo SIM with an Orange SIM.  Recently however, 2 factor authentication has become required and I have the texts being sent to my Koodo number.  If I buy a Long Distance Booster will I be able to receive thse text messages in France.  What network should I select (Orange, SFR, Bouygues, Free)?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 26 May 2021, 17:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Usually when I go to Europe, I replace my Koodo SIM with an Orange SIM.  Recently however, 2 factor authentication has become required and I have the texts being sent to my Koodo number.  If I buy a Long Distance Booster will I be able to receive thse text messages in France.  What network should I select (Orange, SFR, Bouygues, Free)?

I’m assuming you have a prepaid plan. If that is the case, you do not have access to the Easy Roam feature at all. This is only limited to postpaid plans.

Even if you get the long distance booster, this only works if you are making the call from Canada. You can also roam in the U.S. with a U.S. Roaming Booster add-on, but that is the only thing available to you. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/long-distance-travel-and-roaming-prepaid

If you choose to keep your prepaid plan, you may want to consider temporarily switching your 2FA texts to a Canadian number of a trusted friend and have them let you know on Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp instead when travelling to Europe.