Koodo Community
Question

Text messages to 474663

• 31 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

We have a $15/month pre-paid plan for my son. No data, but we purchase a data booster. 

Last week, we noticed text messages to 474663 and it looks like it ate up almost 100MB of data. That was on a day he didn’t even use the phone. No messages were sent, no Facetimes were made. They appeared again this morning while his phone was on the counter charging. 

Does anyone know what this might be? Any way to get that data back that he didn’t use? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

First of all, if his plan has no data, consider changing to the current prepaid plan (also $15) that probably includes a lot of features that your son’s plan doesn’t have, such as 100 minutes, unlimited incoming and 250MB of data (on auto top up).

As for the data usage, could you send a screenshot what that looks like exactly?

Userlevel 1

The plan he’s on has 100 mins. I don’t see a plan for the same amount with any data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The plan he’s on has 100 mins. I don’t see a plan for the same amount with any data. 

Current $15 base plan including 100min. Plus 250mb of data if you sign up for auto top up.

You can switch to it 1 or 2days before your renewal date . (manually add funds to the account and switch)

For data usage, can you ask your son to check his phone. He should ba able to see which app is using his data.

Sorry to jump in so late, but has your son recently acquired an iPhone? Apparently these texts to 474663 are related to FaceTime/iMessage configuration.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Outgoing-texts-to-474663/td-p/288805