Koodo Community
Solved

Switching from Monthly to Prepaid - What Happens to Old Bill?

• 6 November 2020
  • 2 replies

If it’s the beginning of my monthly bill cycle and I haven’t paid it yet, but I switch to prepaid, what happens? Do I still have to pay for the monthly amount that I didn’t use as well as the prepaid base plan? Or will it turn into some kind of credit? I tried looking this up and even asking an agent and no one could give me an answer. Should I pay for this month and then wait until the end of the month to switch to make it worth it??

icon

Best answer by Dennis 6 November 2020, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You lose anything associated with it. I would wait until the end of the month do that you get your moneys worth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since postpaid bills 1 month ahead you have actually already paid for it.

If your port your number to prepaid it will automatically cancel your postpaid line.

If you have used lots of data/talk that it exceeds your prorated amount allotted by your plan, Koodo will bill you the full billing period (which you have already paid 1 month ahead for) in order to avoid any overage charges.

If you haven’t used any data/talk then you will only be charged a pro-rated amount based on the day you ported out with any credit being refunded back to you via cheque to your address.  If you have any tab or tab bonus, that will be billed to you and will be taken from any credit you may have and then you will be responsible for any remaining balance.