Koodo Community
Question

Prepaid Top-up Voucher

• 10 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

I bought a few top-ups from Walmart, but the cashier only scanned the first one and gave me only one pin number for the first one. So, I can only use the first one. I tried to talk to them and fix the issue but they kept telling me it’s final sale and non-refundable and I should talk to Koodo customer service!

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks.

P.S. I haven’t activated my pre-paid sim yet and just wanted to use on top-ups!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, 

I bought a few top-ups from Walmart, but the cashier only scanned the first one and gave me only one pin number for the first one. So, I can only use the first one. I tried to talk to them and fix the issue but they kept telling me it’s final sale and non-refundable and I should talk to Koodo customer service!

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks.

P.S. I haven’t activated my pre-paid sim yet and just wanted to use on top-ups!

You need to speak to customer service at the Walmart location where you purchased the top-up voucher. 

I did but they couldn’t help and referred me to Koodo website. They said they had these kind of issues before. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did but they couldn’t help and referred me to Koodo website. They said they had these kind of issues before. 

I am still not sure what happened.

So you bought voucher from Walmart. How much did you buy and what did they tell you? When you mentioned “a few”, did you buy them at once or at several occasions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did they actually charge you for them all?

Yes, so to be exact I bought 9x 10$ vouchers but the cashier only scanned the first one and gave me the pin for that and charged me for all of them by multiplying by 9!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, so to be exact I bought 9x 10$ vouchers but the cashier only scanned the first one and gave me the pin for that and charged me for all of them by multiplying by 9!

So the code was for $90 or it was a code for $10? If it was just the code for $10, you had to go back and ask to speak to a manager there. They should be able to check.