Koodo Community
Solved

Prepaid: I stopped paying for base plan, now log in is disabled

• 21 January 2021
  • 9 replies

I stopped paying for my baseplan because I stopped using my phone. Now I want to restart, but when I enter my login info, it says log in is disabled, contact us. How do I start back up? I do hope my booster minutes are still there.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 21 January 2021, 13:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long has it been since you stopped paying for your base plan?

If you don't have a base plan for 90 days, your account will be deactivated and you’ll lose your phone number and any funds remaining on your account balance, including your boosters.

You are right. I Justin called  that cell number and it says out of service. Is there any hope I can get Koodo to restore my minutes or my cell number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You are right. I Justin called  that cell number and it says out of service. Is there any hope I can get Koodo to restore my minutes or my cell number?

Since your phone number is out of service, you may be able to get your phone number back. Normally, when an inactive base plan reaches or goes beyond the 90-day mark, your phone number is sent back into a pool of phone numbers for other Koodo customers to use. 

As for the minutes, again, it really depends on when you made your last payment on your base plan. If your base plan has been inactive for 90 days or more, you’ll lose your minutes, unfortunately. 

Your best option is to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a direct message via Twitter to get your prepaid account back up and running. 

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo

I requested a call back on the Koodo chat, and the person said I have to get a new SIM, and when I activate that, I will be given a list of numbers. I can’t request my old number (even though it isn’t in use, because I called it, and the message said ‘out of service’).

I will try your suggestion thru FB/Twitter to see if I can get my preference 

Is it really too much to ask Koodo to send a reminder email as soon as you don’t renew your base plan, that you have 60 more days until the consequences? I’ve had koodo prepaid since 2015 (and before was koodo postpaid), so its pretty tough to be expected to remember these terms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it really too much to ask Koodo to send a reminder email as soon as you don’t renew your base plan, that you have 60 more days until the consequences? I’ve had koodo prepaid since 2015 (and before was koodo postpaid), so its pretty tough to be expected to remember these terms.

If you don't renew your prepaid account, you can't use any service.  If your account was expired, you didn't use it for that long - 90days to expire.

I don't think it's Koodo's responsible to remind you/ prepaid customers to add funds.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I let my plan lapse once, and I did receive an email reminder as well as a text message. I still have the email:

Hi (my husband’s name),
It looks like you’ve run out of money in your Prepaid account. Top it up before February 2, 2018, to avoid losing your phone service, account balance and any remaining Booster® add-ons.

You can top up your account online using Self Serve, or by calling *611 from your Koodo phone.

Pay for your top-ups, by:
Visa Debit card or credit card
Top-up vouchers, purchased at a Koodo Shop or Retail Partner
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I let my plan lapse once, and I did receive an email reminder as well as a text message. I still have the email:

Hi (my husband’s name),
It looks like you’ve run out of money in your Prepaid account. Top it up before February 2, 2018, to avoid losing your phone service, account balance and any remaining Booster® add-ons.

You can top up your account online using Self Serve, or by calling *611 from your Koodo phone.

Pay for your top-ups, by:
Visa Debit card or credit card
Top-up vouchers, purchased at a Koodo Shop or Retail Partner

So, they DO remind you via Email. It's good to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep, and also by text message. I have one of those too:

Granted that one didn’t mention an expiry date, but… it stands to reason that they won’t keep a number forever.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it really too much to ask Koodo to send a reminder email as soon as you don’t renew your base plan, that you have 60 more days until the consequences? I’ve had koodo prepaid since 2015 (and before was koodo postpaid), so it's pretty tough to be expected to remember these terms.

@YesM If you switch between postpaid and prepaid regularly, calculate your prepaid base plan’s 90-day expiry date from the date you’ve decided to stop renewing your base plan and create a reminder on your phones’ calendar app.

Don’t schedule the reminder on the very last day of your base plan expiring. Leave yourself some leeway of perhaps five days. The ninety-day base plan expiry period begins on any month/date you decide to stop renewing your base plan.

Example: January 22nd is your renewal date, good until February 21st. You decide not to renew on February 21st., which gives you 90 days from that date forward to renew your base plan. A rough calculation would put the 90-day base plan expiry date somewhere around May 21st. Create a reminder for May 16th. to be on the safe side.