Koodo Community
Question

Prepaid ADD FUNDS

• 12 December 2022
  • 20 replies

I am unable to add funds to my prepaid account it will not load.  This has been happening since I logged in on the new Self Serve  site all I get is circles as though it is loading  but it never actually loads.

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to access your prepaid account by dialling *611?

I’m curious if the problem is with the site itself or if it’s affecting *611 as well. I’ve asked for some clarification on the matter in our group. 

I am also seeing this problem. I have tried on the website and via 611. The website keep spinning, and 611 says the transaction cannot be processed. I have tried registering and using a different credit card and it still fails. My phone is unusable as of now...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am also seeing this problem. I have tried on the website and via 611. The website keep spinning, and 611 says the transaction cannot be processed. I have tried registering and using a different credit card and it still fails. My phone is unusable as of now...

Have you added funds to your prepaid with this credit card before?  Or is this your first time topping up?

Have you added funds to your prepaid with this credit card before?  Or is this your first time topping up?

Yes that was the one I tried first, I have had the card registered to the account for a few years. When that failed I tried a different card, which also failed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does that mean you have never successfully added funds to your prepaid account before? 

I have successfully added funds many times with the old website. I have not been able to add funds on the new site. I have tried 4 different browsers and 2 credit cards with no success.

The site still does not let me register a card or pay. When I try to register a credit card I get the message “Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@mvandijk - I just asked the team for a follow up on this one. Unfortunately, we’re a little limited on how we could help with prepaid accounts over the Community.

Have you tried scheduling a callback though our prepaid virtual assistant? There should be a little chat icon at the bottom right of this page: koodo.com/prepaid

Hi @Chris Koodo

I scheduled a callback, but all three attempts went straight to voicemail. Is this another bug?

I checked and I have minutes, I can make calls, and I don’t think I have Koodo blocked (what number would they be calling from?)

Now I have no way of topping up and no way of getting help because there is no way to talk to an agent.

Userlevel 6

@Chris Koodo 

Hi Chris, whoever designed the new Prepaid site needs to give their head a shake. You need to be a Philadelphia  Lawyer to navigate it. The old site was not pretty, but it functioned. The rotating circles someone above spoke of are annoying.  My account says suspended and I realize that is somewhat normal from the past. However previously you could rapidly go to your transactions and see that it was in fact paid by auto top-up. The new site is not an improvement by any stretch of the imagination. 

Userlevel 6

Actually, to be correct they are cascading circles rather than rotating. Just read the comments of some of the MM’s on this subject, learned I am not alone in being critical of the new prepaid site. 

Userlevel 2

We definitely understand where you’re coming from and we want to make sure we can help as fast as we can. 

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the error/ how the site is reacting when you’re trying to do the top up? 

Be sure to blur any confidential information before uploading the screenshot.

In addition to the new site being over all awful, it does not give information on your plan.

My main complaint is that I cannot find any mention of the details of the plan other than $30 for 30 days.

It should list the finer details like Unlimited Text & Pict Messaging and Unlimited Canada Wide Calling. With Koodo taking away things like Unlimited International texting for example (at least on postpaid), it is very important that the actual terms of the plans are listed in the event of future changes.

Koodo why is this information not included?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Lou were you able to gain access to the new prepaid site?

Next to Plan & Add-Ons, the details of the plan should look like the image below. I do not have access to the new prepaid site. The image is from an internal test page. On that side, the new site loads successfully. Looks like they still have a few bugs to work out yet.

@rikkster 

Yes I have been able to login except for one day when the 6 digit code they sent would not work.

The picture you posted looks like the old website page - the new one definitely does not look like that. As you can see below the new page simply says $30 per 30 days. I have clicked everywhere possible on the new site and cannot find any plan details. Boosters are listed elsewhere and are so large that you have to scroll down to see them all (instead of being all together on one page).

@Chris Koodo@Adda Koodo here’s some screenshots of what I see (I see the same errors on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge):

Add funds doesn’t even load, the circles just keep moving
Register card gives the generic error at the bottom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Lou It looks like you’re looking at the mobile version. I should have mentioned I was looking at the desktop version. Either way, it looks as though both versions are in need of repair.

@Lou It looks like you’re looking at the mobile version. I should have mentioned I was looking at the desktop version. Either way, it looks as though both versions are in need of repair.

@rikkster  Oh ok. I never sign into Koodo using my desktop so you are correct, I was using the mobile version.

Here is the desktop version, but as compared to what you posted above, my Current Plan info does not indicate what the plan actually is.

For example it is totally missing that the plan includes Unlimited Text and Picture Messaging and Unlimited Canada Wide Calling.

I’m having the same problem with the “new” website. This is happening on both accounts I have. I have cleared all cookies and cache in the browser.

The incredible assist responded:

“We're sorry to inform you that this request is unfortunately outside of our scope.”

Have you had any luck today making a payment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The assistant has a limited vocabulary but recognizes ‘Schedule callback’ or ‘Speak to a rep.’ You will have to bypass a few prompts to get to the point where you will see the ‘Speak to a rep’ prompt. Click on the prompt, enter your name, then enter your phone number. Upon receiving the callback, the rep may be able to provide you with an update or fix the problem.

Koodo Assist | Prepaid