Koodo Community
Question

Pre-paid notbetting 100% data booster used

• 24 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am on a pre-paid plan with some data and I purchase data boosters on top of that. I sometimes get text notifications that I've used 50% or 90% of my base plan or booster data (but not every time), but I don't think I've ever received a notification that I've used 100% (at least not the last couple times). This means from my perspective, I will have cell service, but the internet will randomely stop working. Is there any way to check/enable the 100% usage notifications for pre-paid (especially for boosters)?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well as soon as the base data is used up, your booster(s) should kick in. In that case your data wouldn't pause at all. Does it show that you have an active booster? 

So I use up my base plan (I don’t get notified) and my booster does kick in. The real problem is when I then use up my booster and don’t get notified. 

Userlevel 5

So I use up my base plan (I don’t get notified) and my booster does kick in. The real problem is when I then use up my booster and don’t get notified. 

I can confirm that this behaviour happens on my spouse’s prepaid plan as well.  Texts are sent to notify for the baseplan included data but nothing is ever sent for data boosters.   There needs to be a better update or triggering communication mechanism for data boosters.  I have had to top up manually a few times while my spouse was away and without data on the road.