Koodo Community
Solved

not recieving verification sms for twitter, discord

• 7 January 2021
  • 5 replies

i just got my new number, and i tried to use it for twitter and discord but im not recieving the sms verification code. i had this same problem with my old provider

icon

Best answer by Dinh 7 January 2021, 21:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is an issue for some reason with Koodo. You may have to end up using a VoIP provider that's free or use a different delivery method such as email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You mentioned you had the same issue with your previous provider? did it ever work with the phone before? I wonder if there is a text blocking  in your phone. Did it work with other short code?

You mentioned you had the same issue with your previous provider? did it ever work with the phone before? I wonder if there is a text blocking  in your phone. Did it work with other short code?

It used to work, but suddenly it stopped working

This is an issue for some reason with Koodo. You may have to end up using a VoIP provider that's free or use a different delivery method such as email.

Do you have any recommendations for what VoIP I should use that's free?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It used to work, but suddenly it stopped working

Can you send an sms “help” to the short code “99399”. That short code is the number for Twitter. If you can receive a feedback from it, then the Koodo works. I just tested myself (see the screenshot below). You could also send an email to the email in the screenshot. They are the one who controlled  the sending of sms.