Koodo Community
Solved

No service after activation of prepaid card

• 12 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi!

I bought a Koodo prepaid SIM card, and completed all the steps of the activation process, including the payment. Three hours have passed, and I still get no service on my cellphone. I also get a notification saying “SIM not provisioned”. In my self-serve page, it says that the SIM card is active.

I tried rebooting the phone, removing the SIM card, putting it on another slot, trying it on another device, but no luck.

In the FAQ of the Activating your prepaid phone page, question 4 states that I should have received an “Welcome” email confirmating the activation, but I have not.

What can I do?

PS: I paid with a debit card, and my online banking page says that the transaction was pre-approved, but is still pending. Can this be the reason?

Thanks,
Ronaldo

icon

Best answer by Ronaldo e Silva Vieira 13 May 2023, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You aren’t the first person to mention this!

I have flagged a rep to see if there are any issues with prepaid right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ronaldo e Silva Vieira 

If you are still having issues with the prepaid services, please try rebooting the device once again and if it still not working, we recommend scheduling a call back with the prepaid team, so they can further investigate  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/koodoprepaid/koodoprepaid.html 

Hi @Ronaldo e Silva Vieira 

If you are still having issues with the prepaid services, please try rebooting the device once again and if it still not working, we recommend scheduling a call back with the prepaid team, so they can further investigate  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/koodoprepaid/koodoprepaid.html 

Thanks. The issue persists. The call back would be a problem, though, as I don’t have any phone number to receive that call. Would it help if I go to a Koodo store?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry to hear that!

A rep in store should be able to contact their support over the phone and further assist. 

Hi everyone. I was able to resolve my issue by going to a Koodo store and talking to a rep. It seems that an error ocurred during the activation of my SIM card, and they offered to activate a new SIM card with the same plan, which I agreed. With the new card, everything worked out as expected.