Koodo Community
Question

No internet access although I have more than enough data

Hello! I got my SIM card here in Montreal and I have a 30-day prepaid plan which includes 3 GB. I’ve spent only half of that amount, and yet I’ve faced many issues to access internet since yesterday.  I can’t even use the browser and I made sure that everything’s set up right on my phone, just like when it was working. Also, the fact that the website’s a mess (I had to set up a new account to have access to the community because it wouldn’t allow me to do so with my Koodo one). Plus, I’m upset for the fact there’s no direct way to communicate with Koodo and there’s no mobile app, which makes checking info a tough task.

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Qirek 

Are you experiencing issues with mobile data only in specific areas or it happens everywhere?

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/im-not-getting-any-network-service 

Hello, I am having the same issue. 4 days ago, I bought my SIM card with 20GB data plan, bug my mobile data stopped working two days ago even though my usage balance shows that I have only used 2.3GB. Please help as this is frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, I am having the same issue. 4 days ago, I bought my SIM card with 20GB data plan, bug my mobile data stopped working two days ago even though my usage balance shows that I have only used 2.3GB. Please help as this is frustrating.

Did you just become a Koodo customer? Could you check your selfserve and see if you are moving into a new billing cycle yet?

Hello Dinh, yes I am a new customer. The billing cycle shows July 7 to August 6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello Dinh, yes I am a new customer. The billing cycle shows July 7 to August 6.

If you are a new customer, you can only access a partial data amount for few days left in the billing cycle. In the next billing cycle, you should be able to access the whole data amount. More here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

also, make sure you didn’t have any data usage limit set in the phone settings.

Hi @Qirek 

Are you experiencing issues with mobile data only in specific areas or it happens everywhere?

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/im-not-getting-any-network-service 

I went though this yesterday, and it was of any help. My mobile phone shows coverage is great, but when I try to use the browser, it just says there’s no internet connection. The only thing that works 1/3 times is changing my preferred type of network from 4G/3G/2G (Auto) to 3G/2G (Auto) and then go back to the first one, but it’s not a permanent solution and it doesn’t always work. Plus, my phone can handle up to 5G networks, so it shouldn’t be an issue related to my phone (plus, everything was fine until to days ago). Please advise how to solve this, as I don’t want to pay for a service I’m not enjoying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Qirek 

I went though this yesterday, and it was of any help. My mobile phone shows coverage is great, but when I try to use the browser, it just says there’s no internet connection. The only thing that works 1/3 times is changing my preferred type of network from 4G/3G/2G (Auto) to 3G/2G (Auto) and then go back to the first one, but it’s not a permanent solution and it doesn’t always work. Plus, my phone can handle up to 5G networks, so it shouldn’t be an issue related to my phone (plus, everything was fine until to days ago). Please advise how to solve this, as I don’t want to pay for a service I’m not enjoying.

What phone model are you using? If it was an Android, can you check if your APN was set correctly as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

I’m using a OnePlus Nord 2 5G model, Android 12.

I’ve got everything set up as per the information found on the link, but I still have no internet access. I don’t understand why this happens. I have been using this SIM card since July 11th, and it was only 2 days ago that I started having problems. And it happens everywhere. I couldn’t use Bixi on Friday to go to work because of this, so it’s a big issue for me and I’d like to have it sort it out before tomorrow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve got everything set up as per the information found on the link, but I still have no internet access. I don’t understand why this happens. I have been using this SIM card since July 11th, and it was only 2 days ago that I started having problems. And it happens everywhere. I couldn’t use Bixi on Friday to go to work because of this, so it’s a big issue for me and I’d like to have it sort it out before tomorrow.

One plus devices were notorious with APN. You could search the forum for similar cases. In the mean time, I suggest you check the APN and try to make it aligned with Koodo configuration.

One plus devices were notorious with APN. You could search the forum for similar cases. In the mean time, I suggest you check the APN and try to make it aligned with Koodo configuration.

So OnePlus aren’t compatible with Telus and Koodo networks? I’ll have it aligned with Koodo configuration, hoping this solves the problem. If not, I guess I’ll need to change to another phone company. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So OnePlus aren’t compatible with Telus and Koodo networks? I’ll have it aligned with Koodo configuration, hoping this solves the problem. If not, I guess I’ll need to change to another phone company. Thanks!

I suppose you are having the same issue when you upgraded your software. You should check out this page and see if it helps. It shows how to fix the settings after upgrading to Android 11, so I am not sure if it still works in your case. https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1474006

Make sure to keep your SIM card inserted into the device until you try to access the APN settings. Once you are in the menu, quickly open the SIM slot. It would be preferable to add another setting instead of using the default one. Once that is complete, save the settings and restart your phone to update it. Your service should be restored. 

I added a new one yesterday when I saw that editing the APN I already had to match parameters described on the configuration link wasn’t working. I tried my connection today and it seems quite stable. I’ll let you know if anything changes in the next couple of days. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I added a new one yesterday when I saw that editing the APN I already had to match parameters described on the configuration link wasn’t working. I tried my connection today and it seems quite stable. I’ll let you know if anything changes in the next couple of days. Thanks!

Glad to hear that it is working now!

I am having same problem. Just activated the SIM and phone is working. But not data! I tried checking all settings but still it showed fail connection. I am using iPhone 13.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am having same problem. Just activated the SIM and phone is working. But not data! I tried checking all settings but still it showed fail connection. I am using iPhone 13.  

If you are using iPhone, try to reset network settings. It might help.