Koodo Community
Solved

New Prepaid Customer - Question on minutes

• 16 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All.. 

We picked up a Koodo pre-paid SIM today. The plan we have is  $25 with unlimited talk and text.  This is the exact text from the website:

• $25 Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging, Unlimited Canada-wide Calling and 250 MB of Data with Automatic Top-up

When I log into self service, I see my usage, and it says 0/100 minutes. Just curious why is shows 100 minutes when the plan says unlimited Canada calling? Did I miss something? 

Thanks a lot! 

icon

Best answer by Sophia 16 November 2020, 22:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does the $25 base plan show up in your self-serve account? Check the Overview area. 

There is a $15 base plan that offers 100 minutes of Canada-wide Calling which would display the 0/100 minute count.

Userlevel 1

Does the $25 base plan show up in your self-serve account? Check the Overview area. 

There is a $15 base plan that offers 100 minutes of Canada-wide Calling which would display the 0/100 minute count.

Yup...in one section is says unlimited, then down below it shows 0/100 mins. And it does show the 250MB of bonus data

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another possibility is that at some point you received a booster or perhaps even purchased one… could you provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

Userlevel 1

Another possibility is that at some point you received a booster or perhaps even purchased one… could you provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

I didn’t purchase a booster, as the plan advertises unlimited minutes in Canada. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, that was a free booster because you entered a credit card. It’s all good… you just got a little extra if you ever decide to go back to a limited plan :)

Userlevel 1

Right, that was a free booster because you entered a credit card. It’s all good… you just got a little extra if you ever decide to go back to a limited plan :)

Ahhh...gotcha. So is that 250MB listed there considered a ‘one-time’ booster? I thought it was a monthly thing. It’s not a big deal as the person we got it for doesn’t need any data. 

Thanks for the quick replies to everyone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No the 250 MB data is a recurring booster as long as you stay on auto top up (sorry said plan before)… just the 100 minutes booster is a one time bonus. It’s a shame they didn’t give you a data booster since you already have unlimited minutes… that’s Koodo logic for you haha!

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone! Think we’re good to go now. Appreciate the feedback.