Koodo Community
Solved

My phone status says "IMS registration: Not registered". Is that a problem?

• 19 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

In the process of trying to get Volte enabled on my phone I dialed *#*#4636#*#*. Then selected Phone Info and IMS Service Status.

IMS Status shows  "IMS registration: Not registered". A little googling says that is not good.

I’ve tried turning my phone on/off, airplane mode on/off, remove/reinstall SIM.

How do I fix this? FYI my SIM card is more than 5 years old if that matters.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 19 August 2023, 15:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In the process of trying to get Volte enabled on my phone I dialed *#*#4636#*#*. Then selected Phone Info and IMS Service Status.

IMS Status shows  "IMS registration: Not registered". A little googling says that is not good.

Is the VoLTE add-on already included in your Self-Serve account?

Userlevel 2

Is the VoLTE add-on already included in your Self-Serve account?

I received the email that Volte was enabled on my account but that my device is not compatible. It is a Moto g Stylus 5G (2021) purchased from Motorola USA. I understand that Koodo Prepaid did sell them.

I cannot find anything in my self service account about Volte. Where is that info?

When I look in About Phone > SIM Status > it says Mobile voice network type is LTE and Mobile data network type is LTE.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I received the email that Volte was enabled on my account but that my device is not compatible. It is a Moto g Stylus 5G (2021) purchased from Motorola USA. I understand that Koodo Prepaid did sell them.

I cannot find anything in my self service account about Volte. Where is that info?

Thanks

That explains why your device may not be compatible.

Please click the following link and scroll down to the bottom to see if the first 8 digits of your IMEI number are listed there. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/volte

Userlevel 2

Thanks

That explains why your device may not be compatible. Please click the following link and scroll to the bottom to see if the first 8 digits of your IMEI number are listed there. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/volte

The phone model itself is not listed as compatible. On some Telus page where you can enter the IMEI number it says it is not compatible. Frustrating since they did apparently sell the phone at some point.

I don’t know what IMS registration means. Does it only matter for Volte? I understand that I am not going to get Volte but am concerned that not having IMS registration is otherwise problematic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The phone model itself is not listed as compatible. On some Telus page where you can enter the IMEI number it says it is not compatible. Frustrating since they did apparently sell the phone at some point.

I don’t know what IMS registration means. Does it only matter for Volte? I understand that I am not going to get Volte but am concerned that not having IMS registration is otherwise problematic.

No, it does not matter for VoLTE. IMS is only needed to access services for RCS messaging on Android devices. This includes the Google Messages app. 

Userlevel 2

No, it does not matter for VoLTE. IMS is only needed to access services for RCS messaging on Android devices. This includes the Google Messages app. 

Thank you. Anything I can do to fix my IMS registration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you. Anything I can do to fix my IMS registration?

It cannot be registered, since your phone is not compatible with VoLTE on the Koodo network.

Userlevel 3

My IMS status changed from Not Registered earlier this year to Registered, now this week it has changed to Not Registered again. My phone is not on  the Telus Whitelist but I was  in a Telus store yesterday and the rep checked my phone and said it is compatible with Telus VoLTE. The callback agents don’t know why my IMS status changed but I am able to run RCS messaging, so go figure. I find that every time I contact Koodo (or I’m in a Telus/Koodo owned store) I get a different answer. I have been told repeatedly that my sim card has been enabled to roam across the border but if it doesn’t, I’m moving to another carrier. My husband arrives a week after I do, and he can bring me a Rogers sim. He has the same phone as mine (which is not whitelisted by Rogers) and doesn’t have any of these issues.