Koodo Community
Solved

Lost sim card

• 21 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I lost my sim card in China. Is it possible to order one oversea?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 22 April 2021, 03:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo won’t ship outside of Canada, but you might be able to find an eBay seller willing to ship to China.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I lost my sim card in China. Is it possible to order one oversea?

You will need to get a replacement SIM card at one of the Koodo stores. The best way for you to get one is to find a trusted friend or relative and have them mail it to you in China. You can also get it through a third-party dealer on Amazon or eBay.

You need to make sure you are purchasing the correct SIM card, as there is one for prepaid service and one for postpaid service. 

If you choose to have someone ship it to you, make sure to have them activate it, so there won’t be any complications later on. Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. On the Overview page, click Self Serve and select Mobile services from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select Change next to Change your SIM card.
  4. Enter your new SIM number in the text box and click Continue.
  5. An SMS verification code will be sent to your current working Koodo SIM or to another line on your account in case your SIM is lost/damaged. If you don’t have a working SIM card or other lines on your account, you can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to get a rep to help you with this.
  6. You’ll have 2 hours to enter the verification code in the SMS.
  7. Once you’ve entered the verification code, you can now insert your new SIM card into your phone.
  8. It might take up to 15 minutes for your SIM to be activated.

For more details, you can visit the following link. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@HuiLa42 Sophia and MilkyWay are both right.

It is recommended to suspend your services while the SIM card is lost, to prevent extra charges on the account if someone finds your SIM and uses it. 

You will find more info on this topic here: https://koo.do/35Bq37d .